Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

solscar

Old June 28th, 2011, 07:47 PM
I have trawled the forums for the answer to this question without any luck.

Can anyone point me in the right direction for the code (or more to my liking , assistance to create the code) to add a check box that adds additional dice damage to an active weapon for things like 'sneak attack'?

thanks

Solscar

Last edited by solscar; July 4th, 2011 at 08:30 PM. Reason: left off the help request
solscar is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
VictorGonzalez

Old August 16th, 2013, 08:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by solscar View Post
Can anyone point me in the right direction for the code (or more to my liking , assistance to create the code) to add a check box that adds additional dice damage to an active weapon for things like 'sneak attack'
Was was this ability added to the ipad app?
VictorGonzalez is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Umarian

Old August 17th, 2013, 12:01 PM
Don't know what ability you are referring to.
Umarian is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old August 17th, 2013, 09:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umarian View Post
Don't know what ability you are referring to.
He wants to know "how" to get a script/adjustment or help in getting the extra damage from Sneak Attack to display on a weapon. On the iPad it actually rolls damage including the extra damage. Right now you can't get the extra +1d6 to display so it does not get rolled on the iPad.

The solution currently is actually not that easy actually if you want to do it correctly as their are archetypes that change the damage for some weapons. In example the knife master changes the d6 to d8 but only on daggers and d4 for everything else.

I think an adjustment that lets you select the "weapon" to have the extra damage appear on. Then have the adjustment also allow you to up/down the value from the default d6. That maybe the best way to go I think. In which case it will be in my next Adjustments addon release...

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
VictorGonzalez

Old August 18th, 2013, 10:02 AM
That's correct. The closes thing I see is Other Adjustments>Weapon Damage Die but it doesn't work as I think it should. I should get a total of 5d6 damage on a sneak attack with my rapier (1d6 for rapier + 4d6 for sneak). When I set the adjustment for "4" it gives me 4d6 damage but when I set it to "5" it gives me 6d6 damage. Crazy, huh? https://www.icloud.com/photostream/#A35qXGF1uRrHf
VictorGonzalez is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old August 18th, 2013, 05:36 PM
Ahhh yea that's because its upgrading the die size based on the Pathfinder rules. And the next one up is 6d6.

For now you would be better off installing my adjustments addon and use "Weapon Elemental Dmg, Custom". When you add it the duration field gets set to "+1d6 Elemental" by default. So instead simply change it to "+4d6" and on the iPad when it rolls it will add the extra +4d6 damage.

The next release will have an adjustment that will read the amount of dice from the Sneak Attack Thing and auto set the value to +4d6 and will then adjust itself as you go up in levels. But until then the above method will work.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #6 Reply With Quote