Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Authoring Kit
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Dante Volingrad

Old July 3rd, 2015, 09:33 AM
I am trying to create my own system with the Authoring Kit and I started going through the tutorials from the Savage Worlds game, however when I try to apply what I learned from the tutorial I am at a loss because of the lack of similar tabs (like creature, Arcane Power, etc) and only have the core skeleton tabs to choose from. How do I create new tabs as well as rename others (since Dark Heresy does not really use Race because everyone is human, it uses home-worlds instead and would like to name that tab as such). I am surprised that the skeleton would not already have a class tab since almost every RPG uses a class system of some form. Any help would be great. I purchased this with the assumption that I could modify it to create any game system support I wanted to, yet the tutorials all seem to be centered around modifying already created content or adding to it.
Dante Volingrad is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
AndrewD2

Old July 3rd, 2015, 02:06 PM
How far did you get through the tutorial? Going through it should give you enough concept to apply the stuff to most any system.
AndrewD2 is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 3rd, 2015, 02:12 PM
Also, if you're working on Dark Heresy, I recommend looking through this forum for the Dark Heresy work that's already been done - maybe you can coordinate efforts, rather than having separate projects.
Mathias is online now   #3 Reply With Quote
Dante Volingrad

Old July 4th, 2015, 06:40 AM
Andrew, I am still fully working my way through the first tutorial, but I looked through all of them and could not find the answer. I understand how to add my content, what I am at a loss for is how to add new tabs or sections like the race tab in the skeleton kit, or modify those tabs to be called something else since Dark Heresy does not use race but rather home-worlds (during the tutorial it talks about creating an arcane power, but in the skeleton kit there is no arcane power tab, so how do I create that?).

I will also have to look for Dark Heresy in the forums, should have thought of that first...Thank you Mathias
Dante Volingrad is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Dante Volingrad

Old July 4th, 2015, 06:54 AM
Mathias, thank you for the heads up, it lead me to the forum post for Dark Heresy where you mentioned you started but then stopped since you are now working full time at Lone Wolf (congrats). I will continue to make my way through all the new found information (to include the full walk-through of how Savage Worlds was created, not sure how I missed that), which I am sure I will find all my answers in. Thanks for the support!
Dante Volingrad is offline   #5 Reply With Quote