Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Lawful_g
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old April 6th, 2010, 05:13 PM
Equipped Bucklers are giving a -1 penalty to both main and off hand attacks, they should only be giving the penalty to the off hand attack.

Studded leather is not giving an error when druids wear it.
Lawful_g is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Lawful_g

Old April 22nd, 2010, 05:23 AM
The Stunning Fist feat is not showing charges in the In Play tab, even though it is calculating charges in an Eval script.... It looks like you just need to click the show in charges button.
Lawful_g is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Lawful_g

Old April 23rd, 2010, 02:19 PM
Spiked Shields are not showing up as an option to be picked by Weapon Focus, although Armor Spikes are.
Lawful_g is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Lawful_g

Old May 2nd, 2010, 03:53 PM
Belt of Dwarvenkind should not grant darkvision/dwarf abilities unless equipped. It looks like it is trying by assigning a Suppress tag, but that isn't working.

Also, the Robe of Eyes is still incorrect. It doesn't grant the comp bon to Spot, and it doesn't give 120 ft darkvision when equipped.
Lawful_g is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Lawful_g

Old May 2nd, 2010, 04:01 PM
Hey, I realize that 3.5 has moved down on the priority list, but can I at least get an acknowledgement that you've received my bug reports?
Lawful_g is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 3rd, 2010, 01:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawful_g View Post
Equipped Bucklers are giving a -1 penalty to both main and off hand attacks, they should only be giving the penalty to the off hand attack.
pg 124, in the buckler's description:

Quote:
"You can also use your shield arm to wield a weapon (whether you are using an off-hand weapon or using your off hand to halp wield a two-handed weapon), but you take a -1 penalty on attack rolls while doing so..."
The penalty applies to all attack rolls, not just the off-hand's attack rolls.

Quote:
Studded leather is not giving an error when druids wear it.
I've put this on my to-do list. Thanks for catching it. (It'll actually be rather annoying to fix - the same tag is used in HL to mark an armor as having enough metal to be made mithral or adamantine and to mark an armor as being forbidden to druids, but studded leather can't be made into mithral studded leather and can't be worn by druids).
Mathias is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 3rd, 2010, 01:43 PM
Quote:
The Stunning Fist feat is not showing charges in the In Play tab, even though it is calculating charges in an Eval script.... It looks like you just need to click the show in charges button.
Fixed in the next update, thanks for the report.
Mathias is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 3rd, 2010, 01:49 PM
Quote:
Spiked Shields are not showing up as an option to be picked by Weapon Focus, although Armor Spikes are.
Armor Spikes are described as having their own proficiency, but shield spikes are a modification to the shield bash. So, once the shield bashing rules are implemented in HL, weapon focus (shield bash) will be available. Unfortunately, getting shields to work as weapons is going to be a lengthy project. Sorry.
Mathias is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 3rd, 2010, 01:59 PM
Quote:
Belt of Dwarvenkind should not grant darkvision/dwarf abilities unless equipped. It looks like it is trying by assigning a Suppress tag, but that isn't working.
Fixed in the next update, thanks for the report.

Quote:
Also, the Robe of Eyes is still incorrect. It doesn't grant the comp bon to Spot, and it doesn't give 120 ft darkvision when equipped.
I'm afraid this is one of many complex magic items that aren't fully implemented (some other examples are the Flying Boots, Cloak of Arachnida, and the Cloak of the Bat). This is one of the projects on my to-do list.
Mathias is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Lawful_g

Old May 4th, 2010, 03:44 PM
"You can also use your shield arm to wield a weapon (whether you are using an off-hand weapon or using your off hand to help wield a two-handed weapon), but you take a -1 penalty on attack rolls while doing so because of the extra weight on your arm."

Is the full quote. I would interpret it to mean attacks with your off hand or while wielding a two handed weapon, but not with the main hand, for 2 reasons.

First, because it names both "using an off hand weapon" or using the off hand to "help wield a two handed weapon" in the examples. Second, it says the penalty is because of "the extra weight on your arm." which would be the off hand arm that is equipping the buckler. In the examples, the common denominator between the two examples is the use of the off hand, and it doesn't make sense that a buckler on one arm would hamper a weapon wielded only by the other arm.
Lawful_g is offline   #10 Reply With Quote