Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

ruhar

Old March 25th, 2017, 02:42 PM
I want to create a magical whetstone in the editor but I'm not sure if one step is possible.

The magical whetstone can be used three times then becomes a normal whetstone. When used to sharpen a weapon it adds Keen to the weapon for 24 hours.

What I want to do is each time it uses a charge it turns on Keen Edge in Spell Adjustments. Is this possible or do I have to manually add Keen Edge to Spell Adjustments and turn it on each time?
ruhar is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
DeltaMasterMind

Old March 25th, 2017, 06:06 PM
It can be done, but you need to make the whet stone have a menu that goes through the weapon picks on the hero (or all "things" as weapon focus does) which then you can make a eval script, which sends field value updates to the keen edge spell adjustment or to use focus scripts to send your values directly to fields in the weapon you selected. Either way should work, but is a bit involved. Plus the whetstone needs a trkMax set under fields with a 3 for the value.
DeltaMasterMind is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
ruhar

Old March 27th, 2017, 10:26 AM
Thanks DeltaMasterMind. That's above my current knowledge so I didn't understand most of that but I know it can be done and how. Now I just need to learn the hows. ;-)
ruhar is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Ualaa

Old March 28th, 2017, 04:35 AM
I remember the discovery of Whetstones, for temporary charges of neat things, from the 4e days.

I'm sure that would be a cool item to have for Pathfinder...
Ualaa is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
DeltaMasterMind

Old March 28th, 2017, 04:51 AM
Ok so I may take the time to build this up, but as someone who never uses them I need to ask exactly how should this item be worded. Comparing to the standard Whetstone I see that you will need to provide the rule-set you want this item to work on. When should the effect start to wear off (I know you wrote 24 hours, but considering the Whetstone stops after the first hit)? Magical vs non-magical? and whatever else you feel needs to be added.
DeltaMasterMind is offline   #5 Reply With Quote