Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Azhrei

Old January 27th, 2020, 11:35 AM
So... The thread was started on Dec 5th (and covered a very minimal set of issues).

No updates since then?
Azhrei is offline   #21 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old January 27th, 2020, 02:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhrei View Post
No updates since then?
Version 14.18 is still the latest version.

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is offline   #22 Reply With Quote
Azhrei

Old January 28th, 2020, 11:12 AM
Yeah, my post was more a reminder to the LW folks that they still have an established customer base waiting on updates...
Azhrei is offline   #23 Reply With Quote
Krothos

Old February 6th, 2020, 01:02 PM
Are we going to see another PF1 update soon? Nothing since the wimpy update released 2 months ago (Dec 5), while HLO is getting constant updates. Kinda feeling left out in the cold here.
Krothos is offline   #24 Reply With Quote
Azhrei

Old February 7th, 2020, 08:16 AM
One of their arguments was that they didn't want to release the desktop update without being able to do the same for the mobile app, but there have been no status reports or updates on whatever the issue was with Apple...? Not even anything specific on what the problem is in that regard.
Azhrei is offline   #25 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old February 7th, 2020, 01:33 PM
Quote:
One of their arguments was that they didn't want to release the desktop update without being able to do the same for the mobile app, but there have been no status reports or updates on whatever the issue was with Apple...? Not even anything specific on what the problem is in that regard.
That all happened through most of 2019 with version 14.17. They finally decided to release 14.18 (I guess they got nowhere with Apple).

Maybe there isn't much new content to release for PF1.

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Farling is offline   #26 Reply With Quote
Azhrei

Old February 9th, 2020, 08:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farling View Post
That all happened through most of 2019 with version 14.17. They finally decided to release 14.18 (I guess they got nowhere with Apple).
I have HL v8.8.8 (build #860) on my iPad, and the v14.18 update was installed 2019-12-05.

I'd just like an updated status report on where the conversation stands with Apple. I admit that I don't deserve one — it's not like I'm a 51% owner of Lone Wolf or anything!
Azhrei is offline   #27 Reply With Quote
taks

Old February 13th, 2020, 06:47 PM
Quote:
I admit that I don't deserve one — it's not like I'm a 51% owner of Lone Wolf or anything!
You're a customer, you deserve one. So do I.
taks is offline   #28 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old February 15th, 2020, 01:20 PM
Quote:
I'd just like an updated status report on where the conversation stands with Apple.
I very much expect that it is at an impasse. Apple don't want apps to sell in-app purchases outside of the App Store; since Apple doesn't get a cut of the sales.

The very business model of LWD is to sell access to the data sets direct, regardless of which platform you are using to view the data (well, between the supported platforms of Windows, Mac and iOS).

LWD don't want to lose their iPad customers; which they will have to do if they want to release the very latest PF data sets (see other threads where LWD have said that they can't provide the latest PF until they can update the client on all platforms).

See 3.1.1 of the app store review guidelines at https://developer.apple.com/app-stor...ew/guidelines/

Quote:
If you want to unlock features or functionality within your app, (by way of example: subscriptions, in-game currencies, game levels, access to premium content, or unlocking a full version), you must use in-app purchase. Apps may not use their own mechanisms to unlock content or functionality, such as license keys, augmented reality markers, QR codes, etc. Apps and their metadata may not include buttons, external links, or other calls to action that direct customers to purchasing mechanisms other than in-app purchase.

Farling

Last edited by Farling; February 16th, 2020 at 12:37 PM.
Farling is offline   #29 Reply With Quote
charlieluce

Old February 15th, 2020, 06:25 PM
Lone Wolf can update the PF1 data files, it's just that the updates can't be made available to the ipad. That's how the last 5e SRD update worked.

Currently Running: Pathfinder Second Edition
Currently Playing:
Pathfinder First Edition, Star Trek Adventures
Former HL Games: D&D 4e & 5e, Mutants & Masterminds 2E & 3E, Savage Worlds
charlieluce is offline   #30 Reply With Quote