Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD

Notices

jasonbarron

Old August 3rd, 2018, 05:47 PM
I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on a purchase of HL and Real Works, and at this point I only have my monstrosity of a desktop gaming computer to work with. My question is if I buy HL now and obtain a license for my current desktop, can I obtain a license for a new laptop that I may not get until later this year, or even next year?

Thanks in advance for any advice
jasonbarron is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
jjashley

Old August 8th, 2018, 06:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonbarron View Post
I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on a purchase of HL and Real Works, and at this point I only have my monstrosity of a desktop gaming computer to work with. My question is if I buy HL now and obtain a license for my current desktop, can I obtain a license for a new laptop that I may not get until later this year, or even next year?

Thanks in advance for any advice
Shouldn't be an issue I did something similar when I purchased my copy.
jjashley is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old August 9th, 2018, 01:09 AM
The purchase comes with 2x licenses and then you can purchase more as needed. I think i have 5 or 6 currently.

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
dungeonguru

Old August 9th, 2018, 03:44 AM
You just have to request your free 2nd license when you log into the licensing portal for HLC. Pretty simple.

http://www.wolflair.com/index.php?co...ltiple_devices
dungeonguru is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
jasonbarron

Old August 9th, 2018, 04:41 AM
Thanks guys. I'm hoping to move up the acquisition of a laptop a little sooner rather than later. Something pretty basic, just to run at the table and some writing. Since I posted this thread I've gone ahead and picked up both programs and have been pretty busy trying to get up to speed with realm works. Have hardly had time to even look at HL though.

Last edited by jasonbarron; August 9th, 2018 at 04:46 AM.
jasonbarron is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
MNBlockHead

Old August 9th, 2018, 08:02 AM
Jasonbarron, take some time to watch DaPlunk's YouTube videos. RW + HL is such a powerful combo that I really wish I understood how to use them together effectively when I first got RW. I didn't buy HL for a long time. Being able to open a scene topic and open the NPCs/monsters in HL to use the combat pad is such a great help when running a game.

RW Project: Dungeons & Dragons 5th edition homebrew world
Other Tools: CampaignCartographer, Cityographer, Dungeonographer, Evernote
MNBlockHead is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
jasonbarron

Old August 9th, 2018, 09:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MNBlockHead View Post
Jasonbarron, take some time to watch DaPlunk's YouTube videos. RW + HL is such a powerful combo that I really wish I understood how to use them together effectively when I first got RW. I didn't buy HL for a long time. Being able to open a scene topic and open the NPCs/monsters in HL to use the combat pad is such a great help when running a game.
Believe it or not, I was following a trail of cookie crumbs dropped by Josh from the Profantasy forums where I was scouring the web for information on fantasy cartography tools that ultimately lead me here. Long story short is that I ended up not buying the mapping software and picked up RW/HL instead (sorry Profantasy!).

Josh does a better job promoting these products then Lone Wolf does IMO.
jasonbarron is offline   #7 Reply With Quote