Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Data Files > Warhammer Fantasy 8th Ed.

Notices

prefster

Old April 15th, 2008, 06:56 AM
First, great job on creating that file. It must have been quite hard with all these specials tweeks??

I have notidec a few bugs while using the file.

The accursed armour works well at adding +1 T, substracting the -3 WS and I but it gives a 2+ armour save instead of 5+ for heavy armour.

The dreadknight power forbids the user to change the mount. i.e.: you cannot choose a hellsteed, zombie dragon or abyssal terror.

When buying a corpse cart, the balefire and unholy loadstone options does not appear in the entry.

I think it was mentionned earlier but the banner of the barrows is now +1 to hit and NOT hit on 3+ (6th ed rule).

If I notice any other I'll let you know.

Keep up the excellent work and thank you.
Prefster
prefster is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
jahorin

Old April 15th, 2008, 02:08 PM
Hi,

Army Builder is installed on my laptop and it's not connected to the internet. How can I get the update? Is the file available elsewhere?
jahorin is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
prefster

Old April 16th, 2008, 07:18 PM
I had 2 ideas for improvement on the vampire file. I don't know if those are viable or if you had thought about them. But hey, if no one ask, who will??

First, Is it possible to separate the powers by family just like magic items?? It would be a lot easier when looking for a particuliar power rather than sorting through the whole list.
Ex.:
Family: The master
Powers: Lord of the Dead, Summon Creatures of the Night and Summon Ghouls

Second, When buying a regiment, the order of options to take Champ, Standard and Mus is somewhat strange. Choosing a magic banner even before having a standard bearer in the unit is rather unusual!!
1. Magic banner
2. Musician
3. Champ
4. Standard

IMHO, the order should be Champ, Mus, Standard then magic banner. It's more logical this way. But then again these are just ideas for improving the fie.

Thank you and keep on the good work.
prefster is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
cat-the-odd

Old May 7th, 2008, 03:58 AM
Hi all,

According to the FAQ (p. 4) I read that the handweapon & shield bonus counts for mundane AND magic shields now. This is not included into the AB3 file yet. Might be a tough job to change ALL shields...

My 2 cents...
CAT
cat-the-odd is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
b0ksah

Old May 28th, 2008, 05:25 AM
Some bugs I found

Quote:
2) A Wight King is forced to drop his shield in order to flag him as a BSB. Also, flagging him as a BSB grays out the options to select an extra hand weapon, lance or great weapon. Note that based on the latest VC rules, this is not necessary; he can both have a shield and be a BSB (or use an XHW, GW, or lance). Indeed, any weapon/shield/etc combination is possible for a BSB, there is no longer the 1-handed restriction as in earlier army books.
I had that problem too ..had to limit my lists points to 12 lower so that I didn't over spend (I wanted a lance).

Walking Death: It's adds 25 points to magical items pool
Sword of Unholy Power: Can be taken by normal vampires (lords and hero) ..and it's only a special chr. that carries it.
Black Coach: The Crain Wraith mounted on the BC should have a 3/4 str stat .. it have GW and it's mounted.
b0ksah is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
govmack

Old June 3rd, 2008, 04:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjontexas
Thanks for the new date file. It definitely makes playing the game easier.
Agreed, just wanted to say thanks for your hard work. I wish I knew how to write it so I could assist...
govmack is offline   #16 Reply With Quote