Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Data Files > Warhammer Fantasy 8th Ed.

Notices

robert
Volunteer Data File Author

Old April 11th, 2008, 11:35 AM
hello,

i have just put out the new files! they are on the updates menu as usual!

i added the vampire counts, AND dark elf and dogs of war special characters!!

enjoy
robert is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
smoelf26

Old April 12th, 2008, 01:27 AM
hey there one or two mistakes in the new vampire counts

1 display price for champions in some regiments are higher than actual price (it calculates the right price but shows wrong price in the right hand bar)
2 banner of barrows indicates that wights hit on 3+ (shoud be +1 to hit, this is what is shown in the description but not on sheet)

thats the ones ive noticed so far
smoelf26 is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Mr_Rose

Old April 12th, 2008, 02:50 AM
A few minor bugs, mostly in magic item selection:
Generic Vampires/Lords shouldn't have access to the Sword of Unholy Power (Mannfred nicked it), but they should have access to the Enchanted Shield, for 15 points.

Necromancers should only have access to the Nightshroud armour as they are not Vampires, nor may they take any form of mundane armour.

Wight Kings shouldn't have to give up their shields to be the Battle Standard Bearer.

Click here to get 2.25GB of DropBox cloud storage free!

I've always wondered about the first person that saw a lobster and said, "You know what? I'm going to eat that."
Mr_Rose is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Kildar

Old April 12th, 2008, 03:49 AM
In book it says NECROMANERS MAY ALSO WEAR THE NIGHTSHROUD. So a VAMPIRE may wear it if he wants to
Kildar is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Mr_Rose

Old April 12th, 2008, 11:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kildar
In book it says NECROMANERS MAY ALSO WEAR THE NIGHTSHROUD. So a VAMPIRE may wear it if he wants to
Is that somehow in response to my post? :roll:
Because I'd like for you to point out exactly where I said that Vampires couldn't take the Nightshroud.
I said that "NECROMANERS" should only have access to the Nightshroud, as in not also have access to the Flayed Hauberk et al, as they currently do.
I did not say that only necromancers should be able to take the Nightshroud.
Mr_Rose is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
smoelf26

Old April 12th, 2008, 01:54 PM
dint want to start a bugbing repport to say DO better just to let you know what to change in next file release

oh and DAMN GOD WORK id like to thank you (all that have worked on files) for your work since i cant and dont know how to make them my self
so all in all thank for a great efford hope you will keep on working for us all

Die hard warhammer fan
smoelf26 is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
GarvielLoken42

Old April 12th, 2008, 05:24 PM
I would first like to thank the people who created the data file thank goodness for your diligence. I have found a few bugs: Vampire lords are supposed to only have 100 points of magic items as opposed to 125. thats all i could find, thanks again!!

8)
GarvielLoken42 is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
bigjontexas

Old April 12th, 2008, 06:45 PM
Thanks for the new date file. It definitely makes playing the game easier.

A few problems:
- If I give my vampire (lord or hero) the vampiric power Dread Knight, he gets the nightmare but he apparently only receives the armor save of the heavy armor - his save should be 2+ (heavy armor, barded steed, shield) but it appears as only 5+.
- A wight king BSB, in addition to what was noted above, should be able to take magic weapons while being the BSB, though he could not have a magic weapon and a magic banner.

Thanks again.
bigjontexas is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
GarvielLoken42

Old April 12th, 2008, 08:54 PM
the bug occurs when a vampire or vampire lord takes the vampire power "walking death" and it gives any vampire in the data file an extra 25 points towards magic items when chosen
GarvielLoken42 is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Limekiller

Old April 15th, 2008, 03:14 AM
Couple other problems I've noticed with the new vampires in playing with it:

1) It seems to think the Helm of Commandment is a Bound Spell item, as when I select it along with the Book of Arkhan, it gives me the "You may only have 1 bound spell item" warning. Obviously, the helm is not in any way a bound spell item.

2) A Wight King is forced to drop his shield in order to flag him as a BSB. Also, flagging him as a BSB grays out the options to select an extra hand weapon, lance or great weapon. Note that based on the latest VC rules, this is not necessary; he can both have a shield and be a BSB (or use an XHW, GW, or lance). Indeed, any weapon/shield/etc combination is possible for a BSB, there is no longer the 1-handed restriction as in earlier army books.

3) Selecting any magic weapon for a Wight King that is flagged as a BSB generates an Option Error condition. Obviously this should not occur.

Thanks for your hard work, by the way, just a few things to get fixed up.
Limekiller is offline   #10 Reply With Quote