Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

RenScotson

Old December 16th, 2018, 12:31 PM
I'm working on converting my mom's first D&D character to Pathfinder and I've stumbled upon a problem I'm not sure how to work around in HeroLab.

She was a 13th fighter in 1st Edition, was recreated for 3rd edition and ended as a 17th fighter, and finally was recreated for Pathfinder and played through the Jade Regent campaign where we ended up 21st level & 5th tier mythic.

The issue I'm having is that classes cap at 20th. Slayer is the only other appropriate class for her to level into, but I was wondering if there was another way to give her a different fighter archetype. Her original character in 1st and 3rd edition focused on a Greatsword, but her Pathfinder character she changed her into a Two-Weapon Fighter specializing in Katanas, which was appropriate for the setting.

Is there any way to like, multi-class as the same class, but as different archetypes? She'd end up being Two-Weapon & Two-Handed Fighter archetypes.
RenScotson is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Ualaa

Old December 16th, 2018, 12:40 PM
I don't believe you can take more than 20 levels in a normal class.

You could potentially open the class in the editor, and change the maximum number of levels that it grants.
Then progress the class upwards, however high as you'd like to go.

Alternatively, multiclass into another class, and have it's 1-20 (or it's 1-10 usually, if you take a thematic prestige class) features already defined.

If you were to use the editor to increase the level cap, you'd basically need to define what the class gets at each level over 20th.
You could just add hit dice and bonus feats (via adjustments) at the appropriate intervals without adding more class levels.

I'd be most inclined to add a similar class.
Maybe Ranger with two-handed weapon as the style.
Or something from the community pack, like Aegis/Soulknife or a Warder type.
Ualaa is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Silveras

Old December 16th, 2018, 05:20 PM
Honestly, as Ualaa mentioned, Pathfinder doesn't really support characters higher than 20th level. There are some suggested rules for it with the caveat if you feel you must in order to finish out the campaign, but they're not meant for ongoing play ... so you're in house-rules territory.

If you feel adept using the Editor, though... consider cloning the classes you need as "Fighter 2", with the same basic settings as "Fighter" ... so BAB, Saves, and such should stack nicely. This won't work for spellcasters, though, as their progressions are all separate and end at 20th level.
Silveras is offline   #3 Reply With Quote