Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > Hero Lab Online Discussion

Notices

marroon69

Old December 22nd, 2020, 04:22 PM
Both Starfinder and Pathfinder 2 content has really slowed down. Just wondering the reason? No Pathfinder 2 beginner box or Edgewater content? No Alien archive 4? No update for Pathfinder or Starfinder Society? Wondering what is going on?
marroon69 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
charlieluce

Old December 22nd, 2020, 06:49 PM
I have no actual knowledge of why whatsoever but given this month's announcement it would not at all surprise me that the data package devs were currently ankle-deep in Pathfinder First Edition conversion... and that's figuring head-first.

Currently Running: Pathfinder Second Edition
Currently Playing:
Pathfinder First Edition, Star Trek Adventures
Former HL Games: D&D 4e & 5e, Mutants & Masterminds 2E & 3E, Savage Worlds
charlieluce is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
flyteach

Old December 23rd, 2020, 02:04 PM
Yup, so now I'm paying a monthly fee, but new content has stopped. The last Starfinder content was added in April. It's getting harder to justify renewing.
flyteach is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Shadowfoot

Old December 23rd, 2020, 03:52 PM
I renew because the current system provides a lot of what I want to use for my Age of Ashes campaign. The only “must have” will be the GMs content for that.

Hopefully the announcement of PF1 will bring in more funding for the company so they can produce the new content.
https://www.wolflair.com/pf1-is-comi...ro-lab-online/

🎲 Pathfinder 2e GM

Need spawns invention, but imagination gives rise to need. — Logic of Design
Shadowfoot is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
jariath

Old December 29th, 2020, 08:33 PM
I think a few books from PF2 are not up, including the AoE and the latest AP content, not to mention the PFS updates, and current errata. I don't care how many people are working on new content, a service is paid for and should be kept up. If not, I can buy a cheap android tablet and run pathbuilder, or just use AoN or my PDF's and cut and paste into Roll 20.
jariath is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
BJ
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 5th, 2021, 03:48 PM
Everyone has been burried in trying to bring PF1 across the finish line. With that accomplished, hopefully, they can get PF2 and SF back on track.
BJ is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
flyteach

Old January 6th, 2021, 08:22 AM
BJ, while that's nice for PF1, your paying SF customers have had no new content or substantial improvements for 8 1/2 months. Long track to get back on.
flyteach is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Ualaa

Old January 10th, 2021, 09:27 AM
Flyteach, Lonewolf has amazing products but limited staff.
It's a constant juggling act to choose where to allocate their resources.

For the longest time, Pathfinder via Hero Lab Classic, was both the flagship product and the lifeline of the company.
By bringing Pathfinder 1e to Hero Lab Online, Lone Wolf gets a lot of subscribers who had previously bought (provided LW with revenue) HLC products.

Making this choice gives a large boost in subscription numbers, which helps to ensure the servers remain active so other systems like PF2e and Starfinder can be offered for your enjoyment.
I'd hope if revenue stabilizes, Realm Works could get a little attention again, but we'll see.
Ualaa is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Valyar

Old January 12th, 2021, 07:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ualaa View Post
I'd hope if revenue stabilizes, Realm Works could get a little attention again, but we'll see.
AMEN! I hope too!!!

The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.
Valyar is offline   #9 Reply With Quote