Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

whump

Old December 13th, 2015, 09:26 AM
When I add a prefix or suffix to a topic, both of them display as suffices in brackets.

With only a prefix or only a suffix I see "Topic Name (Prefix)" or "Topic Name (Suffix)" as the title. Both prefices and suffices are displayed identically. It displays the same way in the navigation pane.

With both prefix and suffix it displays as "Topic Name (Suffix - Prefix)". This is doubly strange because the prefix comes last!

Is that right? I thought the purpose of prefices and suffices was... well to prefix and suffix. Is there a setting I have missed somewhere?

I would be grateful if someone is able to shed some light on this!
whump is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old December 13th, 2015, 11:43 AM
In the Navigation Pane Options menu (hammer and wrench icon above the left panel, or F6) there's an option to "Show Prefix Before Name When Available". Also, under Sort Topics in the same menu, you can choose to use the prefix or the Topic/Article name for the start of sorting. The Prefix and Suffix are always set off from the Topic/Article name by either a hyphen or parentheses, though, so you can't use them to add to the Topic/Article name directly.

Historical Note: Initially there was only a prefix or a suffix, determined by the Category definition, so you didn't get the weird ending of (Suffix - Prefix). Letting all Topics/Articles have both came later.

Usage Note: The two main uses for Prefixes and Suffixes are disambiguation (to tell apart two Topics/Articles with the same name) and room numbers for locations. This is talked about in the Tips & Tricks document that came with Realm Works.

Last edited by Parody; December 13th, 2015 at 11:49 AM.
Parody is online now   #2 Reply With Quote
Vargr

Old December 13th, 2015, 11:43 AM
In order to get the prefix - ehm - prefixed in the navigation pane (leftmost pane) do this:

Prefix.PNG

Vargr
Deputy Calendar Champion

Legend has it, that the Tarrasque is a huge fighting beast, perpetually hungry.
Sleet entered History when he managed to get on the back of a Tarrasque only to be ridden out of History shortly after.

Using Realm Works, Worldographer (Hexographer 2), LibreOffice, Daz3D Studio, pen & paper for the realm World of Temeon and the system LEFD - both homebrewed.

Vargr is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
whump

Old December 13th, 2015, 01:01 PM
Wonderful, I did think there must be a setting that I had overlooked!

Thank you both for your help.
whump is offline   #4 Reply With Quote