Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Agyess

Old April 26th, 2015, 11:37 PM
Is there a way to have a snipet have a label like the tag snippets but just have the a notation field? no actual tags... I just want it for formating sake in a template layout.
Agyess is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old April 26th, 2015, 11:59 PM
This has been requested: http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=48846
Farling is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
whump

Old April 28th, 2015, 06:32 AM
I managed to find the recent survey questions online again and this question was asked:

"Various new snippet types for specific purposes
There are a variety of different situations where specialized snippet types would be valuable for better presenting content. Examples include snippet with labels (similar to tag-based snippets), flagging read-aloud text, tracking resource URLs for smooth integration with web-based tools (e.g. assets for an encounter within a virtual tabletop), and others."

This was under 'minor features' - things that are not huge but still require thought and work to implement. But LWD have said they aren't releasing the survey results, so who knows how important people felt this was overall.

Sooo... it's on their radar. I would guess that it is coming, eventually, but it might be in a month or a year, or longer, who knows. I think it's important... the more data I put in RW the more I want better control over layout and default options.
whump is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Dark Lord Galen

Old April 28th, 2015, 01:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by whump View Post
I managed to find the recent survey questions online again ............
I would be curious as to where.... could you forward a link?
Dark Lord Galen is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
whump

Old April 29th, 2015, 01:15 AM
http://questionpro.com/a/TakeSurvey?id=4081293

What it's doing online I don't know but there it is...! Just click through without answering the questions and you can see everything.
whump is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
liz
Ex-Staff
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 29th, 2015, 08:39 AM
Quote:
http://questionpro.com/a/TakeSurvey?id=4081293

What it's doing online I don't know but there it is...! Just click through without answering the questions and you can see everything.
Whoops, it appears that the company I first went with for the survey didn't actually deactivate things properly. Thanks for catching this, whump! The actual survey was held on survey monkey. If anyone has questions about wording for the survey, let me know! I have all of the official feature descriptions.
liz is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
whump

Old April 30th, 2015, 04:15 AM
Hi Liz,

Since you've now removed the survey, perhaps it would be worth considering putting up the questions as a sticky in the feature request forum.

I appreciate the logic of not releasing any survey results, but seeing the questions would be a nice reminder of the range of options for future development.

For example I only searched for the survey because I found I wanted tag-text snippets but couldn't remember if they'd been asked about. It turned out they had.

Thanks for listening!
whump is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old April 30th, 2015, 02:03 PM
Quote:
For example I only searched for the survey because I found I wanted tag-text snippets but couldn't remember if they'd been asked about. It turned out they had.
See the link in #2 above, to where the feature had been requested a year ago.
Farling is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
whump

Old May 1st, 2015, 02:19 AM
@farling um... yeah. What's your point? I shouldn't have asked the question? There's no need to be snarky. I meant, had this been asked about in the survey, not asked about in general.

I felt free to ask that question on the forums because LWD have been really very good with communication - I felt that they wouldn't mind an honest question and I'm sure they'll give an honest answer, whatever it is.
whump is offline   #9 Reply With Quote