Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Shadowrun

Notices

Closed Thread

LukeZ

Old August 2nd, 2012, 04:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
Please specify which armor you're testing this on.
Camouflage Suit

Mmm... the rules talks about "armor suit capacity", but it only gives actual capacity for the "full body armor suit" and the "urban explorer jumpsuit".

For those 2 armor suits the software works correctly, while in any other armor you can put any number of modifications, since there is no maximum capacity set.

Thinking again, this seems more another "rules glitch" and not a "software glitch".

Ok, so it's only the Gel Pack that should add 1 point of modification (it adds none).
"Unrated armor modifications (for example, the gel pack modification) take up 1 (modification) point." (Arsenal, page 44)

And the 2 wrong Help descriptions.
LukeZ is offline   #11
LukeZ

Old August 2nd, 2012, 09:11 AM
Maybe there could be an option to put a Maximum Capacity to items that have none, or generally speaking to tweak the Maximum Capacity of a single item.
LukeZ is offline   #12
_Pax_

Old August 2nd, 2012, 01:51 PM
Can someone explain to me why, exactly, HeroLab doesn't provide a way for an AI character to purchase a commlink or nexus (to serve as their Home Node) during character creation?

I shouldn't have to go and buy a vehicle, so I can install a commlink into it, to be able to invest starting resources into specifying the AI's Home Node ...
_Pax_ is offline   #13
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 2nd, 2012, 02:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Pax_ View Post
Can someone explain to me why, exactly, HeroLab doesn't provide a way for an AI character to purchase a commlink or nexus (to serve as their Home Node) during character creation?

I shouldn't have to go and buy a vehicle, so I can install a commlink into it, to be able to invest starting resources into specifying the AI's Home Node ...
Previously reported, this is on the to-do list: http://forums.wolflair.com/showpost....3&postcount=92
Mathias is offline   #14
_Pax_

Old August 2nd, 2012, 02:42 PM
I wasn't reporting a bug, I was asking a question.
_Pax_ is offline   #15
Mara

Old August 2nd, 2012, 05:20 PM
Unwired has the rule for Adapting Software as a Complex Form. While this
is an optional rule, it is not listed as an option in the optional rules tabs,
and there appears to be no way through HeroLab to adapt the software
from War! and Spygames as complex forms, as they are not showing in the list, and there is no "Custom Complex Form" button.

Still no capability to do a custom magical tradition, despite that being in the corebook.
Mara is offline   #16
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 2nd, 2012, 05:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mara View Post
Unwired has the rule for Adapting Software as a Complex Form. While this
is an optional rule, it is not listed as an option in the optional rules tabs,
and there appears to be no way through HeroLab to adapt the software
from War! and Spygames as complex forms, as they are not showing in the list, and there is no "Custom Complex Form" button.

Still no capability to do a custom magical tradition, despite that being in the corebook.
You can use the editor to create replacements for the existing programs that are now allowed as complex forms, and the Tradition tab is also available in the editor.
Mathias is offline   #17
Kesendeja

Old August 3rd, 2012, 12:17 PM
By the way my GM asked me to mention that the Adept Power Fleet and the Metagenetic Quality Celerity both need to work with flight.
Kesendeja is offline   #18
Canis

Send a message via MSN to Canis

Old August 3rd, 2012, 02:54 PM
The Gecko Grenade mod (which is only applied to grenades) is on the list of weapon modificastions.

And the cluster grenade is shown as an ammo option for grenade launchers even though there is no mini-greande version.

Last edited by Canis; August 3rd, 2012 at 03:03 PM.
Canis is offline   #19
CeaDawg

Old August 3rd, 2012, 02:58 PM
The Dobel Revolution mono bike is not being removed from the dashboard when it is unchecked on the main character to which it belongs to. At first I thought this was caused by a glitch involving some of the mods made to the revolution, but have since found that this is occurring on other characters that have purchased this bike either during character creation, or during game play. Once this vehicle is added to a portfolio the handling of the portfolio slows down to a crawl, even with only the bike and it's owner in the portfolio. This is really bad when several groups are gathered into one portfolio for handling an encounter such as the ambush at the Deer Park Campground in the Dawn of the Artifacts module Midnight. Removing it from the character once the portfolio is stalled out does not improve the situation. I have tried created a stand alone version of the bike as the only character in the portfolio, instead of as a minion, and importing it to the group portfolio. This still slows down the handling of the portfolio, but not to the extent that having it as a minion does. Let me know if you want a copy of the files. I'm running them on an ASUS board with an Intel i3 2.27GHz CPU, 8GB of RAM, & Win 7HP 64b OS.

Oh, in the two cases where the bike as been given to another hero, it has resulted in two of the bikes existing in the portfolio; one on the originating hero and the second on the hero to which the bike was given.

Last edited by CeaDawg; August 3rd, 2012 at 03:00 PM.
CeaDawg is offline   #20
Closed Thread