Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

thaX

Old January 10th, 2019, 02:39 PM
Not the tab, just the section where adjustments are made, hence the new Adjustments tab.

I had a bunch of Skill adjustments for specific circumstances, and it was no longer showing up on the character sheet. Switching them to the new adjustment tab made them show up again, then the new section of Activated stuff started showing up.

What is it for and why can't I remove that section from the character sheet? That is all I am asking.
thaX is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old January 10th, 2019, 10:36 PM
It sounds like you may not be talking about the same thing the rest of us are in regards Adjustments. Can you post an image of what you mean? Do you have things showing TWICE?
I quite sure you can't remove Activated Abilities from your character sheet, not without modifying the abilities with the editor to hide them from showing.

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

DM and player of D&D since 1980.
Dami is online now   #12 Reply With Quote
thaX

Old January 11th, 2019, 07:10 PM
There is a section that is called "Activated Abilities and Adjustments" on the Character Sheet, this somehow includes every adjustment made in the Adjustments tab with one or two word place holders. Those adjustments are also populated within the character's stats, such as the skills showing the Situational skill bonuses, or the allowed extra feat or trait.

I have used these adjustments to put in the boon adjustment (mostly situational skill bonuses) for PFS, but it is showing up in this useless section at the same time.
thaX is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old January 12th, 2019, 02:29 AM
That section of the character sheet is doing what it is designed to do - to show (or remind you) of any activated abilities on the character, as well as any adjustments you have created. I would think that this is relevant (if not required) to check what is legal in some games - such as PFS - where a player may show up with a preprinted character.

As stated before, if you have your adjustments on the Personal tab, and not the Adjustments tab, then you will not see them under "Activated Abilities and Adjustments" on the PDF/Character Sheet. Have you tried doing this?
If they are adjustments that do not work on the Personal tab then I don't think you have any way of getting rid of them from that display section.
You could also try sending an email to support.

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

DM and player of D&D since 1980.

Last edited by Dami; January 12th, 2019 at 02:31 AM.
Dami is online now   #14 Reply With Quote
thaX

Old January 12th, 2019, 07:41 AM
As you say. I have been told to use the Adjustments tab as some of the functions do not work on the Personal tab.

If it is designed to populate my character sheet, my question isn't that it is functioning as it should, it is on how to not have the adjustments listed in that way. I would even go as far as having it put on the end of the character sheet instead of right in the middle of the thing with inventory and weapons.
thaX is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
charlieluce

Old January 12th, 2019, 05:30 PM
Which Adjustments that you need aren't allowed as Personal (Permanent) Adjustments? I thought that everything under Other Adjustments was allowed, though Spell and Conferred Power Adjustments were not.

Currently Running: Pathfinder Second Edition
Currently Playing:
Pathfinder First Edition, Star Trek Adventures
Former HL Games: D&D 4e & 5e, Mutants & Masterminds 2E & 3E, Savage Worlds
charlieluce is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 13th, 2019, 08:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieluce View Post
Which Adjustments that you need aren't allowed as Personal (Permanent) Adjustments? I thought that everything under Other Adjustments was allowed, though Spell and Conferred Power Adjustments were not.

There are some adjustments that need a user-filled-in text box, and they use the "duration" box as a hacked workaround for the fact that a more generic edit box isn't available yet. To save space on the permanent adjustments table and fit more adjustments in without compressing other things, the "duration" box isn't shown, since the assumption was that all adjustments being added there would have a duration of "constant", "permanent", "house rule", or something else along those lines.

I think it's mostly the community files making use of this hack right now, but an edit box that is available everywhere is obviously a capability we need to add to adjustments.

Last edited by Mathias; January 13th, 2019 at 09:25 AM.
Mathias is offline   #17 Reply With Quote