Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Authoring Kit

Notices

AndrewD2

Old June 26th, 2015, 03:24 PM
I'm starting work on a framework for the AGE system. Currently basing it off Dragon AGE as that's all we have available, but hopefully the changes in the Fantasy AGE book won't change things too much that it won't just be adjustable from there.

EDIT: With the differences between Fantasy AGE and Dragon AGE this will just be for Dragon AGE right now.

Last edited by AndrewD2; June 29th, 2015 at 09:43 PM.
AndrewD2 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
AndrewD2

Old June 27th, 2015, 12:45 PM
Alright, trying to decide how to handle classes. You can only have one class so that's pretty easy. But levels 1-10 gain an addition d6 HP (and possibly d6 Mana).

Right now I can see two ways to make this. One is just have a field for each on thd class (cHD1 ... cHD10) and same for MP and just make them visible as you level or the other option is like with Pathfinder where you have a class level that stores the HP and you type it in when you add it.

Any suggestions?
AndrewD2 is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
AndrewD2

Old June 28th, 2015, 11:07 AM
Thoughts on backgrounds. Backgrounds list which classes, races, and focues are available at creation. The backgrounds list different focuses for different different races (if multiple are available to the background). I'm trying to figure out how best to do this. Right now I'm thinking creating multiple Backgrounds based on the race. Otherwise to identify which focuses are available to each race I'd have to create a tag group for each race to identify available focuses.

Any thoughts?
AndrewD2 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Paragon

Old June 29th, 2015, 07:12 AM
I'm not competent on the Authoring end of it, but if its anything like some of the shenanigans you need to sometimes do with the Editor, I'd suggest doing the multiple Backgrounds. As I commented elsewhere, there's only a few backgrounds that are supposed to default to multi-racial by the standard of DA at least, anyway (they may end up taking a radically different tact when the AGE Fantasy book comes out, but all you can really do at this point is guess it won't diverge too far in approach).
Paragon is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
AndrewD2

Old June 29th, 2015, 09:14 AM
Yeah that's what I've done, if a background is used for multiple races there are multiple versions that state "background (race)" and then when it displays it just says "Background" because ... well you don't need to know the race for that as its everywhere else on the sheet.
AndrewD2 is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Paragon

Old June 29th, 2015, 12:50 PM
And one or two of them you need to do that way anyway; the Elf Circle Mage has a slightly different set of options than the Human one, for example.
Paragon is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
AndrewD2

Old June 29th, 2015, 12:51 PM
Actually I think every background that lists different races has different options in the table.
AndrewD2 is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
AndrewD2

Old June 29th, 2015, 03:09 PM
Wow so there are quite a few changes between Dragon Age and Fantasy Age:
http://greenronin.com/blog/2015/06/2...om-dragon-age/
AndrewD2 is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Paragon

Old June 29th, 2015, 05:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewD2 View Post
Actually I think every background that lists different races has different options in the table.
Hmmm. Could be.
Paragon is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Paragon

Old June 29th, 2015, 06:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewD2 View Post
Wow so there are quite a few changes between Dragon Age and Fantasy Age:
http://greenronin.com/blog/2015/06/2...om-dragon-age/
The attributes I knew about since they'd showed them on the Titansgrave videos, though it was interesting to hear the rationale (I'm a bit conflicted about one of them, but that's neither here nor there), and I would have expected backgrounds to be more generic in some fashion.
Paragon is offline   #10 Reply With Quote