Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Zan Thrax

Old September 16th, 2012, 04:10 PM
Quote:
Quote:
Is the "Cleric trading Domains Bon Feat" variant class how I'm supposed to trade domains to get domain devotion feats? Because it seems that it only opens up Acrobatic and Agile as feats to take in place of the domains
There are two options for this variant class. One of them adds Acrobatic and Agile. The other adds metamagic feats. Unfortunately, I'm not familiar enough with this variant option to know if that's correct. If its not correct, can you please explain exactly how in the community bug thread?
Basically, you remove a domain from the character and get the matching domain devotion feat for free.

Quote:
In addition, you can choose to give up access to a domain in exchange for the corresponding domain feat. Doing so allows you to select up to three domain feats, but you cannot prepare domain spells or use the granted power of the sacrificed domain. In essence, you trade in a domain for an extra feat slot that you can spend only on a specific domain feat.
For example, the above cleric of Pelor could choose to give up the granted power and spells of the Good domain for the Good Devotion feat.
Code:
Domain       Devotion Feat
Removed      Gained
Air          Air
Animal       Animal
Celerity     Travel
Chaos        Chaos
Cold         Water
Community    Protection
Competition  War
Creation     Healing
Death        Death
Destruction  Destruction
Domination   Magic
Dream        Trickery
Earth        Earth
Evil         Evil
Fire         Fire
Force        Earth
Good         Good
Glory        Sun
Healing      Healing
Inquisition  Knowledge
Knowledge    Knowledge
Law          Law
Liberation   Good
Luck         Luck
Madness      Chaos
Magic        Magic
Mind         Knowledge
Mysticism    Magic
Oracle       Luck
Pact         Law
Pestilence   Destruction
Plant        Plant
Protection   Protection
Purification Healing
Strength     Strength
Summoner     Animal
Sun          Sun
Travel       Travel
Trickery     Trickery
War          War
Water        Water
Weather      Air
Zan Thrax is offline   #121 Reply With Quote
GLBIV

Old September 16th, 2012, 09:54 PM
The Extra HD class is brilliantly helpful, but I've noticed it doesn't calculate CR as it should for various creature types.

I imagine most of the work would have to be done to the actual creature types in the MM - Creature Types Compiled.user file -- then nodded to in the Extra HD file -- but what would the eval code be for fractionally increasing CR instead of one-to-one?
GLBIV is offline   #122 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old September 17th, 2012, 05:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLBIV View Post
The Extra HD class is brilliantly helpful, but I've noticed it doesn't calculate CR as it should for various creature types.

I imagine most of the work would have to be done to the actual creature types in the MM - Creature Types Compiled.user file -- then nodded to in the Extra HD file -- but what would the eval code be for fractionally increasing CR instead of one-to-one?
It would probably be easier to create a script in the Extra HD "class". Can you give me an example of what you're trying to do, particularly in regards to the fractional increase?
Sendric is online now   #123 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old September 17th, 2012, 05:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zan Thrax View Post
Basically, you remove a domain from the character and get the matching domain devotion feat for free.
OK. I think I see what's happening here. I'm not entirely sure that the implementation was completed or what happened. I'll take a look and see if I can come up with a cleaner solution.
Sendric is online now   #124 Reply With Quote
GLBIV

Old September 17th, 2012, 07:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendric View Post
It would probably be easier to create a script in the Extra HD "class". Can you give me an example of what you're trying to do, particularly in regards to the fractional increase?
For example, the rules for improving monsters say the CRs for abberations, constructs, elementals, fey, giants, humanoids, oozes, plants, undead and vermin are to increase by one for every four HD added to the creature.

CRs for animals, magical beasts and monstrous humanoids increase by one every three HD, and for dragons, outsiders and non-associated class levels it is one CR increase for every two HD, or levels.
GLBIV is offline   #125 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old September 17th, 2012, 07:38 AM
Quote:
For example, the rules for improving monsters say the CRs for abberations, constructs, elementals, fey, giants, humanoids, oozes, plants, undead and vermin are to increase by one for every four HD added to the creature.

CRs for animals, magical beasts and monstrous humanoids increase by one every three HD, and for dragons, outsiders and non-associated class levels it is one CR increase for every two HD, or levels.
Ahhh...gotcha. The way I would implement that (and I'll take a look at doing so) is to use if statements to determine the character's type. Then based on that, set a variable that determines the CR increase, then increase the CR by that variable. So, for example (not code, just concept):

Code:
if (character type = animal, magical beast or monstrous humanoid) then
 crbonus = ExtraHD/3 rounded down
endif

CR += crbonus
I think I would ignore non-associated class levels for this because Extra HD adds only racial HD.
Sendric is online now   #126 Reply With Quote
GLBIV

Old September 17th, 2012, 08:06 AM
Sounds good. I'm a journalist, not a programmer, but I'll start trying to figure out the code for it.
GLBIV is offline   #127 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old September 17th, 2012, 09:35 AM
Quote:
Sounds good. I'm a journalist, not a programmer, but I'll start trying to figure out the code for it.
I'm not a programmer either. After further review, I think you may be right in that it will be easier/better to adjust the CR from the race type rather than with the ExtraHD class. I tried my above method, and I don't think there's a good way to make it work. That said, it appears that adding ExtraHD adds one to the CR for every "level". I don't see where that's taking place just yet.
Sendric is online now   #128 Reply With Quote
GLBIV

Old September 17th, 2012, 09:43 AM
I thought it may be that the race types needed to be tweaked, since the BAB and saves are already called from them.

I wonder if a script setting CR as HD/4 on the plant type, for example, would do the trick?
GLBIV is offline   #129 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old September 17th, 2012, 09:59 AM
Quote:
I thought it may be that the race types needed to be tweaked, since the BAB and saves are already called from them.

I wonder if a script setting CR as HD/4 on the plant type, for example, would do the trick?
I think it takes more than that, because like I said earlier, every time you add "Extra HD" it adds 1 to the CR regardless of type. So you have to account for that. Here's a possible solution (done for Aberration):

Code:
 ~ Add appropriate CR
  var crbonus as number
  crbonus = hero.childfound[cHelpEHD].field[cTotalLev].value
  crbonus = round(crbonus/4,0,-1)
  crbonus = crbonus - hero.childfound[cHelpEHD].field[cTotalLev].value
  herofield[tCR].value += crbonus
The number in red is the one to change for each type. Otherwise, you should just be able to copy and paste through each of the types in the "MM -Creature types Compiled.user". I added this script to the bottom of the third eval script. I'm going to go through and make the changes for all types then post the file here for you to download. You can then take it and let me know what you think.
Attached Files
File Type: email MM - Creature types Compiled.user (165.4 KB, 11 views)

Last edited by Sendric; September 17th, 2012 at 10:05 AM.
Sendric is online now   #130 Reply With Quote