Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Savage Worlds
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

CapedCrusader
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old July 16th, 2011, 06:01 PM
Just for giggles, in my free time I've started working on a datafile for Slipstream. Unfortunately, there are a couple of items in there that will require the changes I'm making for Savage Worlds Deluxe and the Fantasy Companion before I can finish it. So, I'll get it done but I can't finish it until the other major changes are released.
CapedCrusader is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Grimmshade

Old July 17th, 2011, 12:36 PM
Wow! I would love a copy as soon as you have something available! Currently running the Slipstream Plot Point campaign.
I PM'd you my email. I'll gladly playtest it for you.
Grimmshade is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Grimmshade

Old July 19th, 2011, 11:27 AM
Is it the Race Creation rules you are not able to implement till your Deluxe file is done? Were you able to add the core races in? (This was something I was not able to do when I messed with doing it myself.)

Were you able to add in the Free Edge you can take if you make a "Heroic" character? I was not able to add this feature on my own either.
Grimmshade is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader

Old July 19th, 2011, 02:16 PM
That's part of it. The same Race Creation rules are in the Fantasy Companion and Savage Worlds Deluxe.

Are you referring to the Free Edge that humans get?
CapedCrusader is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Grimmshade

Old July 19th, 2011, 03:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapedCrusader View Post
That's part of it. The same Race Creation rules are in the Fantasy Companion and Savage Worlds Deluxe.

Are you referring to the Free Edge that humans get?
No, in Slipstream you can get an extra bonus Edge (without rank limits) if you take the Heroic hindrance for "free" (basically above and beyond your other 2 minor, 1 major hindrances.)
Grimmshade is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader

Old July 19th, 2011, 06:31 PM
I hadn't caught that. That will take some gymnastics. Since you can take Heroic normally, this would be a separate Hindrance. Bootstrapping the original Heroic Hindrance is easy. Bootstrapping the free Edge is do-able, and you can kill the prereq check in that bootstrap, although it will stop all prereq checks, not just the Rank requirements, and it won't prevent taking a Legendary Edge. The interesting part is not counting it as a Hindrance towards the 4 points. Let me take a look at it and see what I can come up with.

Last edited by CapedCrusader; July 19th, 2011 at 06:35 PM.
CapedCrusader is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Grimmshade

Old July 20th, 2011, 12:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapedCrusader View Post
I hadn't caught that. That will take some gymnastics. Since you can take Heroic normally, this would be a separate Hindrance. Bootstrapping the original Heroic Hindrance is easy. Bootstrapping the free Edge is do-able, and you can kill the prereq check in that bootstrap, although it will stop all prereq checks, not just the Rank requirements, and it won't prevent taking a Legendary Edge. The interesting part is not counting it as a Hindrance towards the 4 points. Let me take a look at it and see what I can come up with.
Awesome!
Making it a new Hindrance would work fine, because in a way that's sort of the way its treated in the book. It's the Heroism Rule, so you could simply call the new Hindrance "Heroism."
Grimmshade is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Grimmshade

Old July 28th, 2011, 03:10 AM
Did you ever get a Slipstream file completed?
Grimmshade is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader

Old July 29th, 2011, 11:47 AM
I can't complete Slipstream until we get the changes made for Savage Worlds deluxe. That will also include changes for the Fantasy Companion and the Super Powers Companion. It'll be a month or two yet.
CapedCrusader is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Mr Steve

Old September 14th, 2011, 02:13 AM
Any updates?
As I own both Slipstream and the two companions I'm very interested in these updates.
Got my kids pressing me for when we can start their new "Supers" game using the companion.
Mr Steve is offline   #10 Reply With Quote