Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Grimmshade

Old May 15th, 2011, 12:44 PM
For the love of the gods someone please help.
I purchased a new game system for my copy of Hero Lab, and I have spent the last day trying to figure out how to get the thing to work. Nothing should be this complicated.

The best I can tell, I need to wait for someone from Lone Wolf to bypass some 120 day anti-piracy (& anti-consumer) restriction placed on the license. Does this sound correct or am I totally missing something?
Grimmshade is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 15th, 2011, 12:51 PM
To answer your first question, below is a quote from the receipt email that you should have received confirming your purchase. This will hopefully get you sorted out:

- ADD-ON COMPONENT PURCHASES -
If you purchased optional components for an existing license (e.g. a new game system or add-on package for Hero Lab), access to those components has now been updated on our server. In order to utilize those components, you must run the "Re-Activate License" wizard under the "License" menu to update the authorizations within the product. You may also need to retrieve the components via the integrated Updates mechanism within the product.

If you are being told about the 120-day waiting period, my guess is that you are trying to use your original Hero Lab license on a second computer. If so, then you need to obtain your free secondary license and use that on the second computer instead. Each license is intended for use on a single computer, which is why we provide the second license for free. Details on obtaining the secondary license will be found in the receipt email as well.

Hope this helps...
rob is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Grimmshade

Old May 15th, 2011, 01:07 PM
The copy of Hero Lab I was using is on my Main PC, so I don't know why the License wasnt working.

Anyway, I went ahead and obtained the Secondary License and applied that to my main PC and now everything seems to be working! Thanks!

What will I have to do now if I want to add Hero Lab to a second PC? (Since I seem to have used both licenses on this one PC.)
Grimmshade is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 15th, 2011, 02:30 PM
The license mechanism should only report the 120-day waiting period problem if it thinks you've switched computers. That can happen if you recently upgraded the operating system. We've had a few users report this happening at other times, but we haven't been able to determine why it's occurred. Our current theory is something to do with third-party security software, but it's just a theory at this point and we've investigating it.

The easiest solution is to send an email to support. Provide your license number and state that your license is saying you need to wait 120 days, then ask to have the waiting period waived. Support will take care of it for you and then your license will be usable on a second computer without any further hiccups.

Hope this helps...
rob is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
flyingcircus

Old May 18th, 2011, 08:52 AM
This really needs to be cut down to a 30 day period.
flyingcircus is offline   #5 Reply With Quote