Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion > Realm Works Early Access Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

BeyondLimitation

Old August 13th, 2013, 08:38 PM
So, I gotta say first off that I've been dabbling with Realm Works all day and I love it so far. It's going to be a great help to my campaign and I can easily see where it will only get better.

So, my main question is about using pins on a smart map in player preview. I can get the pins themselves to appear, and by clicking on "Show Associated Content in Player View", I can get associated content to appear as well. However, anything that I typed in, say like a description of a room, doesn't seem capable of making viewable to my players. Is there a way to reveal this information?

Also, had a second question: Is there a way to associate multiple topics with a single pin on a map? Like for example, let's say there is a chest in the corner of the room that has multiple magic items. A pin could mark where the chest is and it links to the various items that's inside. Or is there a better way to organize that information that hasn't really dawned on me yet?
BeyondLimitation is offline   #1
lfseeney

Old August 13th, 2013, 08:41 PM
I think if you make the Room an Encounter then you can link that to the Pin.
lfseeney is offline   #2
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 13th, 2013, 10:25 PM
@lfseeney gets a cookie!

The description text of a pin is generally intended to be a note that appears when you hover the mouse over the pin. For example, placing a pin next to a secret door might indicate the DC of spotting it. Or a pin next to some footprints in a corridor might have a few details about the type of tracks they are, which a ranger or druid might recognize.

If you want to put something substantive on the pin, you're best off creating a new topic, such as an encounter. Then you can associate the topic with the pin and show the topic to the players.

Hope this helps!
rob is offline   #3
BeyondLimitation

Old August 14th, 2013, 02:24 AM
Thanks guys, this was exactly the information I was looking for. I was just pretty much misinterpreting the intent of that small description text under a pin.
BeyondLimitation is offline   #4