Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Screetch1979

Old June 4th, 2018, 05:10 AM
Hello to everyone.
Is it possible to implement new types of magic from the editor or with a script?
I mean besides the canonicals: Divine, Arcane, Alchemy, Psychic and Psionic.
I have a class, Time Warden, which defines its own magic as Temporal Magic, and another, the Shadow Weaver, which defines it as Shadow Magic.
So, is there a way?
Or, alternatively, which programmer should I bribe, and how, to make this feature expandable and customizable?
Screetch1979 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old June 4th, 2018, 09:41 AM
The Caster Source tag group isn't dynamic, meaning it can't have tags added to it. Unfortunately, I can think of at least two places in the UI where the tag group is checked and an image is shown based on which is found, meaning that even if I did make it dynamic and you added your own tags, that part of the UI wouldn't recognize them. The scripts which build the UI are not user accessable, so you couldn't for example provide your own image and alter the code to look for your new tag to show that image.

Can I ask why you want to add new magic sources? What is the advantage of being able to tag your classes with these specific caster source tags?
Aaron is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Screetch1979

Old June 4th, 2018, 10:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
Unfortunately, I can think of at least two places in the UI where the tag group is checked and an image is shown based on which is found
Really? Where? (Just curious)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
Can I ask why you want to add new magic sources? What is the advantage of being able to tag your classes with these specific caster source tags?
Well, basically for completeness.
I know, it's silly, but ...

Anyway, thanks for the reply.

I'll make a reason for it.
Screetch1979 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old June 4th, 2018, 11:27 AM
Spell tab shows an image in the list of spells and spell like abilities based on it (a head with brain for psychic magic, a book for arcane, an ankh for divine, a erlenmeyer flask for extracts).
Aaron is offline   #4 Reply With Quote