Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Authoring Kit

Notices

hylentor

Old March 6th, 2010, 06:56 AM
As the title says, I'm curious why these two specific systems are with the authoring kit, I picked up HL at my local shop since I picked up a netbook, and thought it would help cut down on the extra stuff I have to carry.

I'd guess something to do with their licenses vs. the other systems?

Apologies if its been stated already somewhere, but I couldn't find them with a quick keyword search and a thorough run through of this forum. I just own no savage worlds stuff and my group thankfully gave 4E its walking papers, so I had actually been hoping it was more like the army builder kit.

'tis my own fault for not doing my "homework" first, but at least I didn't buy it solely for the kit My group is doing Pathfinder right now, but I would like to try to use it for 7th Sea, as I'll be running that one.
hylentor is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
RayPrancer

Old March 7th, 2010, 01:04 AM
My understanding is that both these systems (or rather what you get of them) have been created with the kit by Lone Wolf employees. The Savage Worlds is much more complete than 4e due to licensing issues.
RayPrancer is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 7th, 2010, 12:27 PM
The goal with the Authoring Kit was to provide the tools for fans to create data files for niche game systems and/or out-of-print systems. We get lots of people asking for those types of games and we simply can't support everything ourselves. So the Kit makes this possible.

As part of the Kit, we wanted to include a detailed walk-through of how to take the skeleton data files provided with the Kit and evolve them into a fully operational game system. Savage Worlds serves that purpose beautifully, so that's why it's included.

We weren't able to secure a license with Wizards for D&D 4E support since they have their own offering. But lots of folks wanted 4E support. To further illustrate various facets of the Kit, we added 4E support to the Kit, which provides users with both access to 4E and extensive further examples of how to leverage the Kit.
rob is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
hylentor

Old March 7th, 2010, 06:26 PM
Ok, that makes sense, thanks.

Now, hopefully I'm still bright enough to pick up the scripting needed to play with the scripting part
hylentor is offline   #4 Reply With Quote