Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

ruhar

Old May 31st, 2021, 11:21 PM
I wanted to take advantage of Lone Wolf's sale with the classic Hero Lab, so I did what I always do when I want to add to my Hero Lab; I opened Hero Lab and clicked Purchase Data Package. I don't know what was done with the purchasing site, but I can't find any data package that I can buy for my classic Hero Lab.

The old system was easy, it listed all the packages for the different game systems, AND it indicated if you have already purchased. Now I can't find any packages. I stumbled onto a page that looked like packages, but there was no indication of if I had purchased any of them in the past. How can I add to my classic Hero Lab if I can't find the packages and don't know what I have bought in the past?

Has Lone Wolf totally dropped support for the classic Hero Lab, which includes several other game systems, and only does the online Hero Lab for Pathfinder? I hope not; it's bad enough Lone Wolf dropped support for Realm Works.
ruhar is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old June 1st, 2021, 12:11 AM
When you get to the LW page, select HYBRID so that you can look at PF1.

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

DM and player of D&D since 1980.
Dami is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old June 1st, 2021, 01:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruhar View Post
I wanted to take advantage of Lone Wolf's sale with the classic Hero Lab, so I did what I always do when I want to add to my Hero Lab; I opened Hero Lab and clicked Purchase Data Package. I don't know what was done with the purchasing site, but I can't find any data package that I can buy for my classic Hero Lab.
The link in Hero Lab Classic puts you on the page for linking your Classic license(s) to an account at lonewolfdevel.com (a Realm Works or Hero Lab Online account). If you haven't linked them, then you need to do so.

Once you're logged in and have your accounts linked then click Home (upper-left), Shop Hero Lab, and Pathfinder 1st Edition. Now you are on the data packages page.

I agree that this could be better.

Quote:
I stumbled onto a page that looked like packages, but there was no indication of if I had purchased any of them in the past. How can I add to my classic Hero Lab if I can't find the packages and don't know what I have bought in the past?
The new store only lists packages you don't already own and bundles containing packages you don't already own.

Quote:
Has Lone Wolf totally dropped support for the classic Hero Lab, which includes several other game systems, and only does the online Hero Lab for Pathfinder? I hope not; it's bad enough Lone Wolf dropped support for Realm Works.
Every PF1 data package is shared between Classic and Online, assuming you have linked your Classic license(s) to an account at lonewolfdevel.com. Coming from Classic, you'd have to have Online service and pay the one-time fee for the PF1 system in Online to have all your existing PF1 items there, but you should be able to buy new packages and use them in Classic without Online service.

Last edited by Parody; June 1st, 2021 at 02:06 AM.
Parody is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
NakedFury

Old June 5th, 2021, 09:00 AM
What about for a completely new user.

What are the steps? This is the most confusing shop I have seen.
NakedFury is offline   #4 Reply With Quote