Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Mutants & Masterminds
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

lowew79

Old May 1st, 2012, 09:58 PM
As per the paper book on page 59 first paragraph...

Toughness...can only be increased above your base stamina rank using advantages and powers, not by direct spending of power points.

I made a automaton construct and much to my surprise, Hero Lab put the arrows next to toughness and indeed let me spend power points to increase my toughness directly. This seems to be in direct contrast with the rules. I even started over and did nothing but select automaton and go directly to the abilities tab, and it still let me spend power points. The other heros I have made (ie. non constructs) can NOT buy increased toughness with power points.

Now I'm really new to M&M, and I bought Hero Lab to help decrease my learning curve. So it is highly possible that HL is right and I am wrong, I just want some clarification please, because it seems like a bug in HL.
lowew79 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
lowew79

Old May 8th, 2012, 04:24 PM
I am new to HL, and unfamiliar with the bug report process. Is there somewhere else I should report this issue in order to get it fixed?
lowew79 is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Duggan
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old May 8th, 2012, 05:31 PM
No, this is the place to report them. It's just that there's pretty much one guy, Colen, to handle a large number of systems, so he tends to come in and comment/fix a lot of bugs all at once.
Duggan is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 10th, 2012, 01:47 PM
Isn't that a special case for constructs - normal heroes can't buy Toughness directly, but Constructs can? Or was that changed in 3rd ediiton?
Colen is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Duggan
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old May 12th, 2012, 05:33 PM
It was indeed changed in third edition.
Duggan is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
lowew79

Old May 14th, 2012, 07:50 PM
Ok just making sure I was talking to the right people, thanks. My interpratation of the rule on page 59 seems to support that no hero can buy toughness directly. Thanks again.
lowew79 is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
John
Ex-Staff
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 4th, 2012, 10:03 AM
Thanks to everyone for the information. We'll address this issue as soon as we can.
John is offline   #7 Reply With Quote