Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Data Files > Warhammer 40,000
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

alzar47

Old November 1st, 2009, 06:36 PM
Why are the 13th Company files not in the 5th edition update? I understand if I would have to use 4th edition to make an army but I can't even open the 4th edition army builder at all. Is there something I am missing? Maybe an update that will allow me to use the 13th Company Space Wolves army list? Please Help! I have purchased a lot of models with the 13th in mind. Thanks for any information.
alzar47 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
over_9000

Old November 6th, 2009, 03:23 AM
13th co doesnt exist anymore man. maybe you should buy the codex as well
over_9000 is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
alzar47

Old November 7th, 2009, 08:04 PM
Oh, you mean the EoT codex? The one with the 13th Company in it? Because I have that one and I also have the SW codex and the codex is NOT the issue here, chief. The issue is the fact that Army Builder cut out the 13th Company all together. The 4th edition should be able to be used at will at the BUYERS descretion. Why would I pay for something only to have it taken away from me two months later?
alzar47 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 8th, 2009, 09:54 AM
I thought they kept a full file history at ab40k.org.

Also, ArmyBuilder stores all the files it downloads, so you could use that to re-install an older version of the 40k files.
Mathias is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Mr_Rose

Old November 10th, 2009, 01:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alzar47 View Post
Why would I pay for something only to have it taken away from me two months later?
What did you pay for two months ago that's being taken away now?
Army Builder? No, that can't be it; I'm pretty sure that works indefinitely.
The EoT campaign booklet (not codex)? Sorry, but you're a few years late on that one; those definitely don't last indefinitely.
The SW datafile? Sorry again, but you didn't pay for any such thing.

P.S. If you want a near-equivalent 13th Co. list, take Logan and equip all your Wolf Guard squads which are now Troops like Grey Slayers and/or give them bikes, and use the Thunderwolf rules for bases of three or four Wulfen each.
Mr_Rose is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
shaggai
Volunteer Data File Author

Old November 14th, 2009, 08:52 PM
I apologize for you problem with the 5E files for AB, however in the design of the 5E files a choice was made to remove any material that was not for 5E or was not in a currently available product for 40k. This is the reason why Cityfight, Eye of Terror, Deathwatch, Kill Teams, and probably a lot of other material was jettisoned.

I can tell you that we do keep a faily thoughout record of nearly ALL the general releases of the files. And the best choice for what you want is to use AB3.1 and use any of the 4 edition files (1.32 is the final release) which will have the Eye of Terror rules as they were in use at the time.

I don't know what LWs policy is on allowing you to use your current key to validate 3.1 so you could actually use it (as the evaluation copy is severely limited), but if you ask them they will be sure to help you as much as they can.

And if another source of you problems is the fact that AB3.2 cannot load up any of the older 4E files, that was another reason why we did have to update the files for 5E - believe me, we didn't want the extra work either but it was a necessary evil...
shaggai is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
alzar47

Old November 17th, 2009, 06:28 PM
Thanks for the help everybody.
alzar47 is offline   #7 Reply With Quote