Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

sjsnyder1979

Old May 11th, 2013, 05:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefweasel View Post
Have you tried running it in Admin mode?
Don't need to, it's running fine now
sjsnyder1979 is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 13th, 2013, 06:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefweasel View Post
Have you tried running it in Admin mode?
Please don't suggest this to people - nowadays, it actually causes more problems if you run Hero Lab in administrator mode, because then certain files get marked as "created by an administrator" and can't be accessed outside that.

Also, he's on a mac, which doesn't actually have an administrator mode.
Colen is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 13th, 2013, 06:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjsnyder1979 View Post
I've been running HL on a mac. After I ran the "re-activate license" wizard for the HL add-on I purchased, HL shut itself down, I assume to reboot with the added software(?) At any rate, I can't remember if HL starts itself back up automatically or if I started it up again, but I got to the main HL page and clicked the "Load" button in the up right corner to open the user interface. The screen changed to the user interface background, and the obligatory "loading bar" came on and then, poof, the whole thing disappeared. I tried several more times, and every time I got to the loading bar thing, the whole program would just shut down. I would get a notification from the Mac server noting the error, which I tried to post to this forum, but the code was in excess of your character allotment.
What changed when everything started working again? Our server doesn't show that the license was transferred, so it wasn't an issue that was fixed by reassigning the license.

If you get the error message again, you can copy and paste it into an email to support@wolflair.com for us to take a look at - it's near impossible for us to figure out a problem without seeing the error report, and email is the best way to get it to us.

Glad everything is up and running now!
Colen is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
sjsnyder1979

Old May 13th, 2013, 07:05 AM
Nothing changed, other than HL opening as it normally does. If it happens again I will definitely post the error message to your support email. Oh, and the add on I purchased is working as well. All I can say is that HL shut down when I ran the "re-activate License" wizard, and stayed down for three days. Being that I know nothing about your soft ware, I am left to assume it had something to do with a license lock out (maybe?)
sjsnyder1979 is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
ScooterPA

Old May 17th, 2013, 10:37 AM
I am having a similar problem. I simply patched my Hero Labs today, first on my laptop and then on my desktop. The laptop went smoothly and patched and is up and running but after I ran the update on my desktop and Hero Lab restarted, the key reactivation popup came on screen. When I clicked 'Ok' for it to continue, it told me that it was too early to have my license reasigned.

I have had these two computers working fine for over a year having requested an additional license for my laptop over 12 months ago. Nothing has changed aside from the patch. I emailed customer service but haven't heard from them yet. My ticket number is 16002_g7c20u095eoni9ac.
ScooterPA is offline   #15 Reply With Quote