Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Card Vault Forums > Card Vault

Notices

curtismill

Old November 23rd, 2009, 10:48 AM
So, I finally got my inventory entered for all of my WOW Singles and I'm starting on my MTG singles as well. My Yu-Gi-Oh will come next, but the file appears to be horribly out of date. The current "owner" of the file has an invalid e-mail address on the site, so it just bounces back to me.

Is there anyone who has the available information to keep this one up to date? Or is this one I'll have to do outside of Card Vault?

Curtis
curtismill is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 23rd, 2009, 01:35 PM
I don't think the yu-gi-oh files have been updated for a while, unfortunately, so they are probably out of date like you say. As far as I'm aware there are no plans to add the missing information to them.

Unless you'd like to take on the task, perhaps? That would allow you to use Card Vault for your Yu-gi-oh collection, just like your other games
Colen is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 23rd, 2009, 03:37 PM
The big problem with Yu-Gi-Oh was that we could never get a reliable feed of information from the publisher regarding all the spoiler data. We tried to support it in-house at one point, but Upper Deck was horrible to work with. Now that the game has reverted to Konami, I have no idea whether they'll be easier to get reliable and consistent spoiler data from. If you can get all the spoiler data from them in a consistent format, you can probably write a converter program in a day to generate the corresponding Card Vault files. Then, when a new set comes out, you can just run the data through the converter and have it ready to go.
rob is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Hoodsey

Send a message via AIM to Hoodsey Send a message via MSN to Hoodsey Send a message via Yahoo to Hoodsey Send a message via Skype™ to Hoodsey

Old May 3rd, 2011, 03:06 PM
I'm actually in the process of re-tooling the entire .def file. It's came a LONG way... I just need to find a way to add the cards in mass instead of one by one, I know Excel can do XML import/export but the mapping for the .def file is tricky and it doesn't play well.

I've also found a way around having two data sets for unlimited and 1st edition (using styles) so if anyone can throw me a bone on how to mass import from a txt file or a spreadsheet, please let me know...
Hoodsey is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Snowpaw

Old January 23rd, 2012, 05:08 PM
I'm not sure if you have to buy each game as a separate licence, but if so, Konami would probably be willing to provide the spoiler data if they got a cut of the profits from people buying the yugioh licence. Konami is very...I'll say it, greedy. Wave money in their faces and you're probably good as long as you're not asking for much. If not, it's a toss-up. It'll get more people to use the product, but it will also make Konami's players happier. I'm not totally sure they care about the latter.
Snowpaw is offline   #5 Reply With Quote