Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Shadowrun

Notices

tryion

Old September 12th, 2011, 07:17 AM
First time posting, and enjoying HL. Got started with HL for Pathfinder and the group is picking up Shadowrun now as well. Great product. One question though. Has anyone figured how to have the Warrior's Way (i've figure out how to add it as a quality) affect the adept powers cost?
tryion is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
MicrowaveSafe

Old November 23rd, 2011, 10:48 PM
I managed to get a mostly working copy. The one remaining issue I haven't been able to solve is the 1 power selection per 2 magic. I created the Quality with 3 selection choices for the normal 5-6 magic adepts, you could probably create a different quality for different magic levels or someone more familiar with the system than me might be able to solve it.

First it is a quality so that is where we are entering it
1. Create your quality
Next we need a power selection box for every 2 magic and limit the selections to the allowed list
2. Under Fields set the following:
Code:
usrCandid1 = AdeptPower.adCombatSe|AdeptPower.adCritStri|AdeptPower.adImpAbCom|AdeptPower.adImpAttr|AdeptPower.adImpRef|AdeptPower.adKillHand|AdeptPower.adMysArmor
usrCandid2 and usrCandid3 the same. You will also have to add your custom codes if you want to use Counterstrike, Missile Mastery or Quick Draw.

Finally we want to create an Eval script to multiple each of the user selected values by .75 to give the 25% discount
Code:
Phase: Traits, Priority: 5000, Index: 1

Script:
      ~if we're not active, just get out now
      doneif (activated = 0)

~discount selected power points
      If (field[usrChosen1].ischosen <> 0) Then
      field[usrChosen1].chosen.field[trtBPCost].value *= .75
      Endif

~discount selected power points for 2nd power
      If (field[usrChosen2].ischosen <> 0) Then
      field[usrChosen2].chosen.field[trtBPCost].value *= .75
      Endif

~discount selected power points for 3rd power
      If (field[usrChosen3].ischosen <> 0) Then
      field[usrChosen3].chosen.field[trtBPCost].value *= .75
      Endif
You will have to iterate if you are doing more selected power due to higher magic values. I couldn't quite figure out how to do a loop for this, again someone more familiar might be able to clean it up.

Other than that it works based on my testing. You can then just copy this and change the power list for other Ways.
MicrowaveSafe is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
tryion

Old November 25th, 2011, 04:22 AM
Thanks Micro
tryion is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
JDCoop

Old March 6th, 2012, 07:41 PM
Hi:

I'm unable to get the field values to display properly. Can you be a bit more details about setting that part up? I've been looking at documentation, but am not seeing how to make the drop-down list properly.

Using the authoring kit, when I set field values to a character separated list, like you provide, I get a drop-down populated by some huge list of data that I cannot identify, so this:

test1|test2

In the value for a field creates a long list of some 50 items that starts "-independent-" then "2nd hand" I have no idea why. I've been pouring over the wiki for hours trying to figure out how to properly do the drop down lists.

Figuring they were tags, I carefully added this into the value section of the field
<fieldval field="usrCandid1" value="AdeptPower.adCombatSe|AdeptPower.adCritStri "/>

From that the drop-down usrCandid1 says there is nothing to select. Even setting it to a single value gives me nothing to select.

Any help would be *greatly* appreciated I cannot find anything in the documentation.

Last edited by JDCoop; March 6th, 2012 at 08:33 PM.
JDCoop is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 7th, 2012, 07:41 AM
Are you testing with the powers you're looking for already on the character, or are you testing with a blank character?
Mathias is online now   #5 Reply With Quote