Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

TheIronGolem

Old May 15th, 2017, 10:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EldritchWeaver View Post
I have chosen the sub-sphere specialization tactician, but it seems that I don't get the +1 CL Divination increase.
This is working in my current build, though I didn't do anything specific to address it.

I am finally getting to the home stretch for the Shapeshifter's Handbook. Just have the ART's, items, and some bugfixes left to do. Hoping to be able to finish the blasted thing this weekend.
TheIronGolem is offline   #321 Reply With Quote
EldritchWeaver

Old May 15th, 2017, 10:53 PM
Maybe it is only the selection dialog, which has this problem. Read Omens is not considered a valid choice there, but once chosen, HL doesn't complain.
EldritchWeaver is offline   #322 Reply With Quote
TheIronGolem

Old May 16th, 2017, 06:11 AM
Ah, I see what you mean now. I need to have prereqs check the sphere-specific caster level before the "general" caster level. Putting that on the list for 1.19.

EDIT: This is now fixed in my current build.

Last edited by TheIronGolem; May 18th, 2017 at 06:28 AM.
TheIronGolem is offline   #323 Reply With Quote
TheIronGolem

Old May 22nd, 2017, 07:47 PM
Progress Report: The Shapeshifter's Handbook is now feature-complete. Base update 1.19 is almost ready but is still erupting with bugs every time I look at it sideways. Aiming for a release this weekend.
TheIronGolem is offline   #324 Reply With Quote
TheIronGolem

Old May 27th, 2017, 10:14 PM
Update Time!

1.19 has dropped for the base package, and there's an additional update for every existing splatbook as well.

For you guys, the major feature of this update is the new UI stuff I previewed a few pages back. That means:
  • A new Sphere Abilities tab that tracks your basic spherecasting information
  • An additional tab for each sphere your character possesses
  • A section on the Alteration tab where you can create and customize an unlimited number of Shapeshift effects, and turn them on or off

For me, it means a bunch of stuff I've changed under the hood to make future handbooks faster and easier to create. No more creating an extra custom class special for every single talent I write!

One note: On your existing characters, you'll want to remove everything from the old "Magic Talents" and "Alteration Form/Traits" tabs, and re-add them in the new tabs. The old tabs now throw error messages that will nag you to do this, and they'll disappear once you've taken everything out of them.

Oh, and one more thing: The Shapeshifter's Handbook is going to require the Pathfinder Pack in order to function (because of the Warshifter archetype, which is a martial initiator and therefore needs Path of War). Unfortunately I could not find a graceful way to degrade in its absence. If you're planning to get the Shapeshifter's Handbook, make sure you install the Pathfinder Pack first - even if you don't plan to make a Warshifter.

Last edited by TheIronGolem; May 28th, 2017 at 07:37 AM.
TheIronGolem is offline   #325 Reply With Quote
chaoscowboy

Old May 28th, 2017, 09:39 AM
Getting an error after having updated everything.

'cSSTheSigh' - Undefined tag 'PackHelper.FreePower' referenced in bootstrap.

Also telekinetic handbook doesn't have a 2017 update, so maybe this is the reason for said error?
chaoscowboy is offline   #326 Reply With Quote
TheIronGolem

Old May 28th, 2017, 09:47 AM
Did you update anything else besides SoP? I don't recognize that thingid 'cSSTheSigh'.

The 'PackHelper' tag group, I believe, is from the Pathfinder Pack.

Last edited by TheIronGolem; May 28th, 2017 at 09:52 AM.
TheIronGolem is offline   #327 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old May 28th, 2017, 09:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaoscowboy View Post

Also telekinetic handbook doesn't have a 2017 update, so maybe this is the reason for said error?
I just removed that tag from the community Pack with v1.08 because LW added the Helper.Free tag to do the same thing officially.

Sorry TheIronGolem I didn't think many people would be using that tag. Safer to now move to the Helper.Free tag from LW.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #328 Reply With Quote
TheIronGolem

Old May 28th, 2017, 09:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
I just removed that tag from the community Pack with v1.08 because LW added the Helper.Free tag to do the same thing officially.

Sorry TheIronGolem I didn't think many people would be using that tag. Safer to now move to the Helper.Free tag from LW.
No apologies necessary; I wasn't using that tag anywhere in SoP (I avoid creating new dependencies whenever possible, which is an ironic thing for me to say right after the Warshifter thing). I also just updated the Pathfinder Pack to 1.08 on my SoP development directory and haven't had a problem. I think chaoscowboy has another package that is using the deleted tag?

Last edited by TheIronGolem; May 28th, 2017 at 10:12 AM.
TheIronGolem is offline   #329 Reply With Quote
TheIronGolem

Old May 28th, 2017, 10:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaoscowboy View Post

It's not related to your error, but good catch on this anyway. I messed up something with the update file. Should be fixed now.
TheIronGolem is offline   #330 Reply With Quote