Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > HLO - Pathfinder 2nd Edition

Notices

Azulin

Old August 14th, 2020, 02:06 PM
hi all

This may be an operator error and not a bug but I'm having trouble adding the initial occult cantrips from choosing Witch dedication to my Wizard (arcane).

Although it lists out the correct occult spell list under my witch familiar it also gives an error (everything is in red) because it sees a conflict between an occult spell list for the witch dedication any my core wizard class being an arcane caster. I'm not quite sure how to make it realize the witch dedication archetype can be a different caster type and not give me the error.

Any insight on what I am doing wrong?

Thanks
Az
Azulin is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Knightrunner

Old September 20th, 2020, 12:57 PM
I have had this same problem since they added the APG, been emailing them for weeks about it. They answered the first email saying it you be "next week" for a fix.....but that was three weeks ago. Now much like this thread, they are just ignoring me.
Knightrunner is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Ryan F
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 23rd, 2020, 10:16 AM
Hey all,

With the help of some additional user feedback through our formal bug report system we have reproduced this issue and after discussing it with our team we believe we have a much better understanding of what you're seeing.

In short, the surface level explaination here is that the Witch Dedication Familiar Spells menu is requiring that the Spellcasting Type that is selected inside either the Spellbook or Familiar Spells configuration menu (These are linked currently due to a bug and changing this to read "Witch Spellcasting in either area will change it in both) so that it can validate the Spells listed on the Familiar Spells menu. Despite the dropdown registering as Witch inside of the Wizard Spellbook, at least as far as our testing has shown, it will still validate Arcane Spells as intended. With this reading as Witch Spellcasting the selections made inside the Familiar Spells menu will validate properly as it relates to the Patron selection from the Witch Dedication.

In the process of going over the report and digging into the feedback we have also come to find a workaround to eliminate the annoying validation errors too so I'm going to outline these steps here in hopes it can tidy things up a bit while the underlying problems are under review for a proper fix.

1) Open the Wizard Class Tab
2) Ensuring you've already chosen the desired Patron for your Witch Dedication, open either the Spellbook or Familiar Spells Panel
3) Using the dropdown selector, choose "Witch Spellcasting"
4) Open the Familiar Spells menu if you are not already there and begin adding any Spells that belong to the Witch Spellcasting Tradition that correspond to the Patron you've chosen to the Free Advancement Spells or Buy Additional Spells Tables

This should eliminate the errors that are displayed for now while we hammer away at the underlying issues at hand.
Ryan F is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Ryan F
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 24th, 2020, 02:40 PM
Just an update for this thread.

Our team targeted this issue with our most recent update and this issue has been resolved. Our sincere gratitude, espescially to those of you who wrote to us via bug report email with details about what you were seeing and for sending in documentation.
Ryan F is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Daniel V
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 25th, 2020, 01:07 PM
Just a bit of additional clarity here, there were actually three different issues occurring with the spellcasting. We addressed the blatant not being able to prepare spells one in a hotfix right off iirc.

Factoring into this though is that if you haven't selected a Patron for your Witch, the spells in the add to your spellbook list shows up as invalid because you haven't been assigned a tradition. Not selecting a bloodline for Sorcerers actual has a similar issue, it's just less obvious because you can prepare any spell if you have no specific tradition. We just rolled out some upgrades this week to provide more informative warning messages if you haven't selected something central to your class that will impact functionality in this manner (if you haven't chosen a Patron, it will tell you that doing so will impacts you spell choices and grants bonus spells for instance). We're working on some additional improvements to the flow of choices made for your character, so these selections will appear more prominently.

Finally, there was also an issue with the spellcasting class for the spellbooks being linked, which was also resolved this week, so functionally everything should be working properly now.

Last edited by Daniel V; September 25th, 2020 at 02:10 PM.
Daniel V is offline   #5 Reply With Quote