Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Madmaxneo

Old May 24th, 2015, 10:35 PM
I created some topics in the player synopsis under "World Almanac" but then later realized it would fit better in the "Mechanics Reference" section because they are system mechanics rules. I had to copy and paste the text from each snippet and recreate all the snippets from the ground up because I could find no copy/paste for the whole article (or whatever it is called). Is there an easier way to do this than what I am doing?

Bruce
Madmaxneo is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Dakadin

Old May 24th, 2015, 11:43 PM
I don't believe there is an easy way to move things between the World Almanac and the Mechanics Reference. You can change categories within either the World Almanac or Mechanics Reference but I haven't seen a way to move between them.
Dakadin is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Dr_Automaton

Old May 25th, 2015, 04:53 AM
The best workaround I know at this point for a bulk copy is to use the ctrl-M shortcut to merge all the snippets, the select all and copy-paste. It's one of the reasons why I'd like to have an export feature. Maybe once the web app is up and running, this will be a bit easier.
Dr_Automaton is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
AEIOU

Old May 25th, 2015, 08:53 AM
Some sort of bulk transactions need to be implemented. Adding a snippet to several topics or moving a bunch of topics to a new container or copying several snippets to another topic or or or....
AEIOU is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Madmaxneo

Old May 25th, 2015, 09:24 AM
This looks like yet more things to add to the software...
I can only imaging how overwhelmed they are with the things that already need to be done.
All this stuff I have been talking about in different threads is great and really needs to be implemented but I still want the calendar first...lol. Though out of all that stuff the calendar is probably the most difficult to implement.
Madmaxneo is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
AEIOU

Old May 25th, 2015, 10:22 AM
Most of the requests in the forums have been stated and restated and restated for quite some time. I absolutely love that LoneWolf is a small company following their passions. I sometimes get frustrated that LoneWolf is a small company following their passions. All good things come to those with infinite patience and immortality.

Hang in there with us, Rob. Keep at the slow but steady progress. Try to ignore how impossible and overwhelming your dreams are....
AEIOU is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Madmaxneo

Old May 25th, 2015, 12:26 PM
Yeah hang in there Rob and I hope to see you, Liz and the rest of the team again at Gencon this year!
Madmaxneo is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
MaxSupernova

Old May 25th, 2015, 02:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEIOU View Post
Some sort of bulk transactions need to be implemented. Adding a snippet to several topics or moving a bunch of topics to a new container or copying several snippets to another topic or or or....
http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=49326
http://forums.wolflair.com/showthrea...light=multiple
http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=49282
MaxSupernova is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
AEIOU

Old May 25th, 2015, 02:47 PM
Thank you, MaxSupernova. It's good to see it coming up periodically still. That means it's one of those items that folks new to the program are still interested in rather than it being a whim sometime in the past.

Now calendars on the other hand, they never come up anymore....
AEIOU is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Madmaxneo

Old May 25th, 2015, 06:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEIOU View Post
Thank you, MaxSupernova. It's good to see it coming up periodically still. That means it's one of those items that folks new to the program are still interested in rather than it being a whim sometime in the past.

Now calendars on the other hand, they never come up anymore....
Yeah I wonder why that is?....
Madmaxneo is offline   #10 Reply With Quote