Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Mutants & Masterminds

Notices

Praetor

Old September 21st, 2010, 07:47 AM
Am I missing something I was trying to figure out how to create a Vehicle Array like Batman has in the DC Adventures write up and I don't see how to do it?

Thanks,

Alvin
Praetor is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
charlieluce

Old September 21st, 2010, 09:35 AM
Yeah, that's come up in the Updated Files thread as well. Vehicle Arrays haven't been implemented yet, but until they are the workaround I used for my 2e crimefighter character was to use the Contributed Points function on the Alternate Vehicles to lower the cost to my character to one point each.

Currently Running: Pathfinder Second Edition
Currently Playing:
Pathfinder First Edition, Star Trek Adventures
Former HL Games: D&D 4e & 5e, Mutants & Masterminds 2E & 3E, Savage Worlds
charlieluce is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Duggan
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old September 21st, 2010, 11:09 AM
I don't have the 3E version installed at the moment, but did they take away the "Utility Belt" option for an array of equipment? I know... cars don't go on belts, not even Batbelts, but you can always rename the custom container.
Duggan is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Praetor

Old September 21st, 2010, 11:23 AM
I have an array set up to act as a constructed device, but you can't add vehicles to it.

It would appear the only option is to do as Charlielce posted.
Praetor is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
charlieluce

Old September 21st, 2010, 06:01 PM
Yeah, Constructed Item only allows for addition of Equipment, not Vehicles or Headquarters.

I expect that the equivalent Vehicle Fleet and Multiple Headquarters options will be added as it makes it way to the top of Colen's to-do list.

Currently Running: Pathfinder Second Edition
Currently Playing:
Pathfinder First Edition, Star Trek Adventures
Former HL Games: D&D 4e & 5e, Mutants & Masterminds 2E & 3E, Savage Worlds
charlieluce is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 12th, 2010, 12:12 PM
The "contributed points" thing is the way to go for now. Unfortunately there are some issues with the way Utility Belts and Vehicles work together; vehicles don't calculate their total cost until after the utility belt cost is finalized, so at the moment you can't add them as an "alternate power" like that.

This is on my to-do list to fix for a future version of the files, but unfortunately it isn't a super-simple thing to do.
Colen is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Shadowchaser

Old October 14th, 2010, 12:37 AM
Could it be done with a checkbox/dropdown on the front page of a Vehicle, 'Alternate Vehicle of _______'? This way, you could click the checkbox and then choose from one of a series of vehicles the character has. As long as the selected vehicle costs equal to or less than the current vehicle, the equipment cost would drop to 1 pp to reflect that it is part of an array.

Just a thought...?
Shadowchaser is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 10th, 2010, 02:48 PM
Ooh, that's a good idea! I'll definitely put that on the list for the next release - hadn't thought of doing it that way before. I don't think we can display a list of vehicles, but HL could at least let you enter the name in a text box or something.

Thanks for the idea!
Colen is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
atlarman

Send a message via MSN to atlarman Send a message via Yahoo to atlarman

Old November 11th, 2010, 09:40 AM
To Colen:

Im glad the whole vehicle and Headquaters array thing is still being looked into( my PC happens to need both) not intentionally trying to make more work 4u but..... Once youve ironed this out in 3E is it possible to retro fit the same thing to the 2E files?? (I have a version of the same PC in both SYSTEMS LMAO)
Thanks colen you are a prince among men! LWD totaly rocks Im trying to covert all my lagging friends to the HL fold.(And will do like wise for realm works when it is released.
As a side note im going so far as to purchase a netbook and HL for my long time GM who is reluctant to join the information/digital age.....im quite confident that once he tries HL for himself he'll be hooked. (i certanly know he will be more organized!)

Last edited by atlarman; November 11th, 2010 at 09:45 AM. Reason: forgot the word "array"- ooops!
atlarman is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
FifthWanderer
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old November 12th, 2010, 04:22 AM
Would it be possible to create an array 'vehicle' like a power array? Just let them add stock or custom vehicles to the array. It'd then compute the EP cost like a power array does.
FifthWanderer is offline   #10 Reply With Quote