Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - 4th Edition
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

cryptoknight
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old November 26th, 2012, 12:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicSN View Post
Do we have a place where all user-edited Themes are put BTW? Assuming more people did some, this might be nice.
I think I could be persuaded to throw up a small website to support us storing themes and Daphne's mod, and any bug fixes, etc there.

Shame that 4e support for HL seems so neglected. I originally bought HL for 4e support, and back when I bought it LW was working hard to make it work, but then it seems that it fell to the wayside.
cryptoknight is offline   #61 Reply With Quote
MagicSN

Old November 26th, 2012, 01:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptoknight View Post
I think I could be persuaded to throw up a small website to support us storing themes and Daphne's mod, and any bug fixes, etc there.

Shame that 4e support for HL seems so neglected. I originally bought HL for 4e support, and back when I bought it LW was working hard to make it work, but then it seems that it fell to the wayside.
I absolutely agree! For now I opened a new thread where I just summed up all my .user files.

Last edited by MagicSN; November 26th, 2012 at 02:26 PM.
MagicSN is offline   #62 Reply With Quote
cryptoknight

Old November 28th, 2012, 11:09 AM
Well I tossed up a Simple Machines Forum for us here

http://hl4e.cryptoknight.org

You need to register to submit files, but should be able to download the ones I've done. Originally was putting every theme into 1 file, I've since decided to instead give each theme its own file. Themes.<themename>.user is how I'm naming them. HL seems to be ok with the two .'s in the filename.

I've still got 24 themes to extract from my big file, but I'm working on it.
cryptoknight is offline   #63 Reply With Quote
cryptoknight

Old November 29th, 2012, 07:04 PM
Got my 30 themes I've completed split out and up there. If Daphne is ok with it, I'll post her mod there too
cryptoknight is offline   #64 Reply With Quote
cryptoknight

Old November 30th, 2012, 02:31 PM
Daphne,

I'm working on the Guttersnipe... the lvl 5 feature is
When you buy an item, you pay 90 percent of the listed price. When you sell an item, you receive 10 percent more than the price normally quoted for selling that item.

Would you try to do this with code, or would you just expect the player to handle it?
cryptoknight is offline   #65 Reply With Quote
Daphne Pfister

Old December 1st, 2012, 05:22 AM
Quote:
Got my 30 themes I've completed split out and up there. If Daphne is ok with it, I'll post her mod there too
I'm okay with it.
Daphne Pfister is offline   #66 Reply With Quote
Daphne Pfister

Old December 1st, 2012, 05:42 AM
Quote:
Daphne,

I'm working on the Guttersnipe... the lvl 5 feature is
When you buy an item, you pay 90 percent of the listed price. When you sell an item, you receive 10 percent more than the price normally quoted for selling that item.

Would you try to do this with code, or would you just expect the player to handle it?
visual.dat seems to be a bunch of the buy sell logic takes place, so it would probably require a patch to the file to support. See also HeroLab Authoring Kit Wiki: Transactions.

I believe there are some other pricing bugs in the base 4e files currently. For example if I recall consumables are charged price wise as if they are magical items.
Daphne Pfister is offline   #67 Reply With Quote
Daphne Pfister

Old December 1st, 2012, 05:54 AM
I hope you don't mind that I put links to both theme repositories in the first post of the thread. Figured it would make them easier to find.
Daphne Pfister is offline   #68 Reply With Quote
cryptoknight

Old December 1st, 2012, 09:22 AM
I think that's fine... I wish MagicSN would upload his themes to my site too... just so we had a single repository for them.
cryptoknight is offline   #69 Reply With Quote
Warunsun

Old December 1st, 2012, 10:43 AM
Thanks guys for your work on themes. New user here and I haven't tried the theme patch yet but I definitely plan to since more and more themes are being put together. Keep up the good work.
Warunsun is offline   #70 Reply With Quote