Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old September 2nd, 2011, 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam.Ormond View Post
I created a source ("adamHRules") and a Mechanic ("mechHRules") which bootstraps the fWepFin thing. That part works fine, and when I select it in the Configure Character dialog, characters are granted the feat.

However, regardless of whether the source is selected in the Configure Character dialog, I receive the following error when loading a portfolio:
Code:
Attempt to access non-live source pick 'mechHRules' from script
Location: 'eval' script for Component 'BaseRace' (Eval Script '#16') near line 23
Attempt to access non-live source pick 'mechHRules' from script
Location: 'eval' script for Component 'BaseRace' (Eval Script '#16') near line 6
What am I doing wrong?
I just did exactly what you have listed above and it works fine for me. The fWepFin only appears when I check mark adamHRules. It goes away when off. I added classes, races, skills, and spells with no error showing.

So either of you post your full XML or the full .user file maybe? As there must be something else you have that is interfering or causing the issue.

Here is the XML I used in testing:
Code:
  <thing id="mechHRules" name="Test1" compset="Mechanics">
    <usesource source="adamHRules" parent="UserParent" name="adamHRules"/>
    <bootstrap thing="fWepFin"></bootstrap>
    </thing>

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Adam.Ormond

Old September 2nd, 2011, 01:52 PM
Interesting -- so if you create a new Portfolio with the source added, save it, and re-open, the error does not occur.

If you take an existing portfolio, add the source, save it, and then re-open, I receive the error. I can click through the error, and everything looks okay superficially -- I haven't investigated that deeply.

Below is my .user file. I have more defined than just the fWepFin bootstrap, but if I take that out, the problem goes away entirely.
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>
<document signature="Hero Lab Data">
  <thing id="mechHRules" name="Adam&apos;s House Rules" description="Adding this mechanic implements the following house rules:\n\n  - All characters are granted the Weapon Finesse feat\n  - Causes the Leadership feat to flag as an error" compset="Mechanics" summary="House Rules for Adam&apos;s Pathfinder Games">
    <usesource source="adamHRules" parent="UserParent" name="Adam&apos;s House Rules"/>
    <bootstrap thing="fWepFin"></bootstrap>
    <pickreq thing="fLeader" ispreclude="yes" ispanelhighlight="no"/>
    </thing>
  <thing id="cOraFireSt" name="Firestarter" description="You find your powers manifest themselves uncontrollably during times of stress or unease. During combat, all adjacent squares are affected by Spark (DC = 10 + 1/2 CL + CHA modifier). Objects held by the Oracle are automatically affected. Add Spark to your list of spells known. At 3rd level, add Burning Disarm and Produce Flame to your list of spells known. At 5th level, add Produce Flame to your list of spells known.  At 10th level add Flame Strike to your list of spells known. At 15th level add Fire Storm to your list of spells known." compset="CustomSpec" summary="You find your powers manifest themselves uncontrollably during times of stress or unease." uniqueness="unique">
    <tag group="SpecSource" tag="cHelpOra" name="Oracle" abbrev="Oracle"/>
    <tag group="SpecType" tag="Weakness" name="Weakness" abbrev="Weakness"/>
    <tag group="Helper" tag="Secondary" name="Secondary" abbrev="Secondary"/>
    <tag group="User" tag="Activation"/>
    <bootstrap thing="spProdFla1">
      <containerreq phase="First" priority="500"><![CDATA[count:Classes.Oracle + count:Classes.RageProph + (count:Classes.? - count:Classes.Oracle - count:Classes.RageProph)/2 >= 3]]></containerreq>
      <autotag group="SpellType" tag="cHelpOra"/>
      </bootstrap>
    <bootstrap thing="spSpark0">
      <containerreq phase="First" priority="500"><![CDATA[count:Classes.Oracle + count:Classes.RageProph + (count:Classes.? - count:Classes.Oracle - count:Classes.RageProph)/2 >= 1]]></containerreq>
      </bootstrap>
    <bootstrap thing="spFlamSph2">
      <containerreq phase="First" priority="500"><![CDATA[count:Classes.Oracle + count:Classes.RageProph + (count:Classes.? - count:Classes.Oracle - count:Classes.RageProph)/2 >= 5]]></containerreq>
      </bootstrap>
    <bootstrap thing="spFlamStr5">
      <containerreq phase="First" priority="50"><![CDATA[count:Classes.Oracle + count:Classes.RageProph + (count:Classes.? - count:Classes.Oracle - count:Classes.RageProph)/2 >= 10]]></containerreq>
      </bootstrap>
    <bootstrap thing="spBurnDis1">
      <containerreq phase="First" priority="500"><![CDATA[count:Classes.Oracle + count:Classes.RageProph + (count:Classes.? - count:Classes.Oracle - count:Classes.RageProph)/2 >= 3]]></containerreq>
      </bootstrap>
    <bootstrap thing="spFireSto7">
      <containerreq phase="First" priority="500"><![CDATA[count:Classes.Oracle + count:Classes.RageProph + (count:Classes.? - count:Classes.Oracle - count:Classes.RageProph)/2 >= 15]]></containerreq>
      </bootstrap>
    </thing>
  </document>

Last edited by Adam.Ormond; September 2nd, 2011 at 01:55 PM.
Adam.Ormond is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 2nd, 2011, 02:00 PM
If you dirty and save the portfolio after clicking through the error, do you get it the next time you open that portfolio?
Mathias is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
Adam.Ormond

Old September 2nd, 2011, 02:57 PM
Yeah, still get it:

Opened a level 5 character, added the source, verified he received the weapon finesse feat, saved, closed.
Re-opened - received error. Changed hitpoints for level 5, re-saved
Re-opened - received error
Adam.Ormond is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
Charender

Old September 12th, 2011, 11:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
If you dirty and save the portfolio after clicking through the error, do you get it the next time you open that portfolio?
I noticed that I get the error for some mechanics, and not others, so I started playing around with my mechanic rules. I removed the source dependancy on my mechanics and the problem went away.

So I changed my house rules to look like this. Basically, I removed the source dependancy on the mechanic, made the bootstraps conditional on the houserule being present, and put a doneif at the beginning of the eval scripts to do nothing if my houserules are not selected.

Code:
<thing id="mHouseRu1" name="House Rule One" description="Weapon Finesse and Agile Manuvers are free, but hide them if strength mod is better than dex mod" compset="Mechanics">
    <bootstrap thing="fWepFin">
      <containerreq phase="First" priority="100">source.srcHouseRH</containerreq>
      </bootstrap>
    <bootstrap thing="fAgileMan">
      <containerreq phase="First" priority="100">source.srcHouseRH</containerreq>
      </bootstrap>
    <eval phase="UserFinal" index="5"><![CDATA[       doneif (hero.tagcount[source.srcHouseRH] = 0)

~ if dexterity < strength, hide Agile Manuvers and Weapon Finesse        
        ~debug "dex mod = " & #attrmod[aDEX] & " str mod = " & #attrmod[aSTR]

if (#attrmod[aDEX] <= #attrmod[aSTR]) then
            ~debug "dex less than strength"
            if (#hasfeat[fWepFin] <> 0) then
                ~debug "Hiding Weapon Finesse"
                perform hero.child[fWepFin].assign[Helper.FtHide]
            endif
            if (#hasfeat[fAgileMan] <> 0) then
                ~debug "Hiding Agile Manuvers"
                perform hero.child[fAgileMan].assign[Helper.FtHide]
            endif
        endif]]></eval>
    </thing>
and the problem seems to have gone away.

Last edited by Charender; September 12th, 2011 at 11:27 AM.
Charender is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
chiefweasel

Old September 12th, 2011, 11:28 AM
Have you tried to remove the source in the xml file?

I ran into a similar problem the other night. i was testing a new skill and created a seperate file for it. i added it to a .por then deleted it. I then recompiled HL, even shut it down and reopened it. But the new skill was still showing up. i had to physically remove it from the directory before the delete from the editor would actually occur.

Web site - Cheese Weasel Logistics - www.cheeseweasel.net
Twitter - @CheeseWeaselGMZ
For user created content check out www.d20pfsrd.com and www.cheeseweasel.net
For video demos of Hero Lab go to http://www.youtube.com/user/TheChiefweasel?blend=9&ob=5
chiefweasel is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
Charender

Old September 12th, 2011, 01:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefweasel View Post
Have you tried to remove the source in the xml file?

I ran into a similar problem the other night. i was testing a new skill and created a seperate file for it. i added it to a .por then deleted it. I then recompiled HL, even shut it down and reopened it. But the new skill was still showing up. i had to physically remove it from the directory before the delete from the editor would actually occur.
It is not the source that is the problem. I have added and removed sources with no problems. The problem seems to result from having a mechanic that is dependant on the source. It is acting like something in base race is trying to include the mechanic even though it is flagged as unavailable due to source. If I make the mechanic's availability not dependant on source, the problem goes away.

If I make the mechanic not dependant on source, and make my bootstraps and scripts conditional on source, I get the same effect without the errors.
Charender is offline   #17 Reply With Quote