Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > Hero Lab Online Discussion

Notices

charlieluce

Old September 11th, 2019, 10:47 AM
PF2 is distinctly structurally different from PF1. Much more than "tweaking" is indicated.

Currently Running: Pathfinder Second Edition
Currently Playing:
Pathfinder First Edition, Star Trek Adventures
Former HL Games: D&D 4e & 5e, Mutants & Masterminds 2E & 3E, Savage Worlds
charlieluce is offline   #61 Reply With Quote
flyteach

Old September 15th, 2019, 06:22 PM
Before we talk about versions that already work (even when their server doesn't), it'd be nice to get current versions working properly and completely. There's no encounter builder for SF or PF2 and no starship stuff for SF.
flyteach is offline   #62 Reply With Quote
cyderak

Old September 15th, 2019, 08:49 PM
Lone Wolf should have just improved the HeroLab classic and called it good. They are in over their heads.

Good.......Bad......I'm the guy with the Gun.
cyderak is offline   #63 Reply With Quote
Lj Stephens
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 17th, 2019, 05:44 AM
Charlieluce is correct about the structural differences. Unfortunately, the two platforms just aren't compatible in their current forms. That's why we simply cannot say when the migration option should be available. We predicted a time, and we were off on that prediction. We're doing our best, promise, to get everything situated. Your continued patience is very much appreciated.
Lj Stephens is offline   #64 Reply With Quote
flyteach

Old September 17th, 2019, 04:01 PM
At this time, what would be the point of migration? To go from a rather capable system to one that is far behind in capability (and probably data sources)? Unless the data format is compatible, then it will also take time to bring that content over. In the meantime SF and PF2 suffer considerably due to the splitting of resources. LJ, asking for patience is getting old. SF was supposed to be much farther along by now. But, then LW decided to support a playtest. Not sure why, because it put the paying customers on hold. LW tried to support PF2 on opening day (nowhere near that for SF), but was poorly managed and with spotty capability during Gencon. Now hearing about migration and other games being supported, it's very hard to believe that SF will ever be done.

Last edited by flyteach; September 17th, 2019 at 04:12 PM.
flyteach is offline   #65 Reply With Quote
magpi

Old September 17th, 2019, 05:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyteach View Post
At this time, what would be the point of migration? To go from a rather capable system to one that is far behind in capability (and probably data sources)? Unless the data format is compatible, then it will also take time to bring that content over. In the meantime SF and PF2 suffer considerably due to the splitting of resources. LJ, asking for patience is getting old. SF was supposed to be much farther along by now. But, then LW decided to support a playtest. Not sure why, because it put the paying customers on hold. LW tried to support PF2 on opening day (nowhere near that for SF), but was poorly managed and with spotty capability during Gencon. Now hearing about migration and other games being supported, it's very hard to believe that SF will ever be done.

Completely agreed
magpi is offline   #66 Reply With Quote
thaX

Old September 17th, 2019, 08:18 PM
That is the three dollar question. With Starfinder and PF2, I am sure that the system/program on the server will be able to do PF1 just fine. My point was that the packages already done for the Classic program would need to have some sort of conversion process instead of having to redo every one of them. I think we all assume that this is gonna be the case, though I wouldn't be surprised if there was some aspect of the online App that will need some adjustments to effect it.

Edit ... Was answering the question here -->With the base programming for Pathfinder 2.0 already done, how difficult would it be to tweak it to work with Pathfinder 1.0? <--

Last edited by thaX; September 17th, 2019 at 08:21 PM. Reason: Lot moe posts between question and answer.
thaX is offline   #67 Reply With Quote
thaX

Old September 17th, 2019, 08:25 PM
They are not in over their heads. My gut feeling is that HLO will be better as time goes on, with improvements that take it beyond the capabilities of the original program. The main problem, right now for me, is the lack of offline use, even for reference, and the limited choice on Print options. Hopefully, there will be a way to institute the Character Portfolio or the normal format for the Character sheet in the book.
thaX is offline   #68 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old September 17th, 2019, 11:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaX View Post
My gut feeling is that HLO will be better as time goes on, with improvements that take it beyond the capabilities of the original program.
Look at the speed of RW development, you could be right but the timescale might mean that folks have moved to other tools before then.

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is offline   #69 Reply With Quote
Lj Stephens
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 18th, 2019, 07:03 AM
Well, I admit we are not moving as quickly as we'd like to, but we are chugging along, and planning to implement migration of content from HLC to HLO as we're able.
Lj Stephens is offline   #70 Reply With Quote