Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

McQ

Old June 18th, 2011, 10:14 PM
I'm getting an interesting error with the Mystic class.
I've added the Knowledge Domain and I'm told I need to choose my lvl 1 and 2 Domain spells. However there is no where to add the spell like with other Domains (normally just under the domain there is space that will say "add 1 2 domain spells")

What's odd, is that when I removed the Knowledge Domain, I found I had one too many 1st and 2nd level spells. It seems the Knowledge Domain is granting me an additional spell for each level, but not restricting the options of spells to choose.

The Domain Spell version of the spell is present in the spell list. Is this an error with the Mystic class?

I'm looking in the DLCS - Mystic.user file, and checking out the Custom Ability cMysKnow.
In Eval Rules there is the Message "Add domain spell to Mystic spells known."
Found this:
validif (hero.childfound[cHelpMys].field[cKnowMax].arrayvalue[1] = 0)
validif (hero.pickexists[sMysDeSeDo] <> 0)

Ok, so, seems I've found a work around for the error message. Having the Domain adds to the number of spells known and spells-per-day. I just had to add the 1st level spell Detect Secret Doors, and 2nd level spell Detect Thoughts and *POOF* the error goes away.

Last edited by McQ; June 18th, 2011 at 10:36 PM.
McQ is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Lawful_g
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old June 19th, 2011, 12:36 AM
I made the Mystic class way back when, I was probably doing a workaround that adds the extra spells directly to the base number and then enforces and error if the appropriate spell is not memorized.

I'll try and see if I can do it a better way now.
Lawful_g is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Lawful_g
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old June 19th, 2011, 12:56 AM
Ah I see why I did it that way now. The mystic gains the domain spells added to spells known, it is not an extra slot thing. If I did it through the general secondary spells mechanism there would be only 1 use allowed on the spells tab, rather than drawing from the general pool. Thus I added 1 to spells known, and instituted an eval rule on each checking for the appropriate spells for each spell level has been added.

I think the confusion lies in not being clear in the error message. I will re-write those so it specifies which spells need to be added to Mystic spells known.
Lawful_g is offline   #3 Reply With Quote