Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Bob G

Old December 1st, 2019, 09:06 PM
Hello wolves of a solitary nature,

I'm starting on my first spellcasting class (the Eldritch Godling, from Supergenius Games), and must admit that the whole spell thing is kinda new for me.

The class asks the user at first level to choose a 9-level spell list to act as their spell list. From the available Paizo classes, this includes cleric, druid, psychic, shaman, sorcerer and witch. The wizard and the oracle both share lists with the sorcerer and cleric, so I don't need to include them.

I thought that using a tag expression of
Code:
sClass.cHelpClr | sClass.cHelpDrd
etc. would work, but the expression isn't producing any valid candidates. Further, I tried using the editor to assign the cleric spell list on the "Uses what spells" field, and the tag 'sClass.cHelpClr' appeared on the tag list, but when I search for all tags on Hero in Hero Labs, this tag doesn't appear.

So, long story short: How do I parse this custom ability to select only 9-level spell lists? Thanks as always for your support!

Projects: Legendary Rogue (Legendary Games) 97.9%, Assassin (Interjection Games) 88%, Fortunate (rebuild of Luckbringer, Rite Publishing) 87.2%, Adept Godling (Super Genius Games) 73.9%, Eldritch Godling (Super Genius Games) 72.9%, Mighty Godling (Super Genius Games) 44.3%, Clever Godling (Super Genius Games) 41.2%, Legendary Cavalier (Legendary Games) 30.9%

Message me for a list of completed projects.
Visit my blog! https://gauntletsofblogrepower.blogspot.com/
Bob G is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old December 1st, 2019, 11:38 PM
When you say that two sets of classes share spells, are you certain that they are available at the same level in both classes? Sometimes a class counts a spell as a lower level than another class.

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old December 2nd, 2019, 09:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farling View Post
When you say that two sets of classes share spells, are you certain that they are available at the same level in both classes? Sometimes a class counts a spell as a lower level than another class.
Not that this has anything to do with the request, but FWIW: for Wizards and Sorcerers, the name is literally "sorcerer/wizard spell list", while Oracles draw spells from the "cleric spell list". Various abilities might give you a spell or spells at a different spell level, but the base lists are the same.

Sadly the PRD doesn't have convenient anchors, so you'll have to scroll down to the "Spells" section of the linked pages (or use the Core Rulebook and/or Advanced Player's Guide) to see the definitions.

Regardless, the request is to find some way to pick from a provided set of existing spell lists (or their related classes or whatever) and use the indicated spell list with this new class. Choosing which lists should be on the list is a separate issue. (Also a weird wording. :)

ObTopic: Can't help you there, sorry. I've only done a tiny bit of dabbling in creating Hero Lab content. :(

Last edited by Parody; December 2nd, 2019 at 10:08 AM.
Parody is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Bob G

Old December 2nd, 2019, 04:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farling View Post
I'm not as worried about what level the class gets what spell. It's more about being able to choose a specific spell list (i.e. Sorcerer/Wizard, Cleric, Witch, Psychic, etc.) and finding the tag or tags that identify such.

Projects: Legendary Rogue (Legendary Games) 97.9%, Assassin (Interjection Games) 88%, Fortunate (rebuild of Luckbringer, Rite Publishing) 87.2%, Adept Godling (Super Genius Games) 73.9%, Eldritch Godling (Super Genius Games) 72.9%, Mighty Godling (Super Genius Games) 44.3%, Clever Godling (Super Genius Games) 41.2%, Legendary Cavalier (Legendary Games) 30.9%

Bob G is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Minous

Old December 2nd, 2019, 05:28 PM
If you look on the class object there is a "uses which spells" you should be able to just check the associated spell lists
Minous is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Bob G

Old December 3rd, 2019, 06:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minous View Post
If you look on the class object there is a "uses which spells" you should be able to just check the associated spell lists
Right, but if I check multiple lists, it makes all the lists available to the hero. I want to give the user a choice of ONE spell list, and enable only their choice for the hero.

Bob G is offline   #6 Reply With Quote