Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

jkthomsen9

Old October 17th, 2010, 12:18 PM
I am converting Chief Weasle's Scout data set to Pathfinder. I am having trouble with the scrimage ability. I changed the SPECIAL to an ABILITY. I am getting an error that the field xSource was referanced but not defined. For fields I added xSource with a value of Class. The eval script is as follows.

It is timed as post-levels (user) 20000.

Code:
 call CalcValue

var result as number
~ If we fail the test for being speedy, get out
   if (hero.tagis[Encumbered.Medium] + hero.tagis[Encumbered.Heavy] <> 0) then
     result = assign[Helper.SpcDisable]
     done
   elseif (hero.tagis[Hero.MedArmor] + hero.tagis[Hero.HeavyArmor] <> 0) then
     result = assign[Helper.SpcDisable]
     done
   endif

~ Set our name properly
      field[livename].text = field[name].text & " +" & field[Value].value & "d6"
Thank you for any help.
James
jkthomsen9 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 17th, 2010, 12:35 PM
Could you explain what you mean by "Added xSource with a value of Class"? I don't see that in your script.
Mathias is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
jkthomsen9

Old October 17th, 2010, 04:31 PM
following chief weasles script for 3.5. I hit the fields button above eval scripts. Field id = xSource, Value=Class. I am not sure what this is suposed to do. I even opened his data set with notepad but xSource is on referenced on the two abilitys for scrimage damage, and AC.

Last edited by jkthomsen9; October 17th, 2010 at 04:36 PM.
jkthomsen9 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 17th, 2010, 05:12 PM
Okay, let's back up.

What is this ability? What does it do in game?

Are there any Pathfinder things this is close to? Have you checked them to see how they changed from 3.5 to Pathfinder (I think this is the scout's Sneak Attack variant - if so, you're going to want to rebuild it using the Pathfinder Sneak Attack as a basis, not copy the 3.5 version).
Mathias is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Golkiwu

Old October 18th, 2010, 05:08 AM
I believe he is refering to the SKIRMISH ability, not scrimage.

Complete Adventurer pg.12

"Skirmish (Ex): A scout relies on mobility to deal extra damage and improve her defense. She deals an extra 1D6 points of damage on all attacks she makes durring any round in which she moves at least 10 feet. The extra damage applies only to attacks taken during the scout's turn. This extra damage increases by 1d6 every four levels gained above 1st (2d6 at 5th, 3d6 at 9th, 4d6 at 13th, and 5d6 at 17th level).

The extra damage only applies againt living creatures that have a dicernable anatomy. Undead, constructs, oozes, plants, incoporeal creatures, and any creature immune to extra damage from critical hits are not vulnerable to this damage. Thescout must be able to see the target well enough to pick out a vital spot and must be able to reach such a spot. Scouts can apply this extra damage to ranged attacks made while skirmishing, but only if the target is within 30 feet.

At 3rd level, a scout gains a +1 competence bonus to Armor Class any round in which she moves at least 10 feet. The bonus applies as soon as the scout has moved 10 feet, and lasts until the start of her next turn. The bonus improves by 1 every four levels gained above 3rd (+2 at 7th, +3 at 11th, +4 at 15th, and +5 at 19th level).

A Scout loses this ability when wearing medium or heavy armor or when carrying a medium or heavy load. If she gains the skirmish ability from another class, the bonuses stack."
Golkiwu is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Theocrat

Send a message via Skype™ to Theocrat

Old October 19th, 2010, 09:13 AM
I also thought that someone already converted the Scout from 3.5 to PF Rules for HL. I know that I have it in my data set collection. Hmm, I just re-checked the Weasel site, and I don't see the conversion in either the d20 section or the PF section.
I don't know who did it - there are no notes listed. If I recall correctly, it's not on the d20PFSRD site because it isn't an OGL class and thus they can't host it. But I have it so I'm sure someone did the work already.

Theocrat Issak
Las Vegas Lodge Gaming Agent
PFSTheocrat@gmail.com
Theocrat is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
chiefweasel

Old October 19th, 2010, 09:49 AM
With the new changes coming from the user community i would hold off for a bit until the new PF file installation system is defined better.

Web site - Cheese Weasel Logistics - www.cheeseweasel.net
Twitter - @CheeseWeaselGMZ
For user created content check out www.d20pfsrd.com and www.cheeseweasel.net
For video demos of Hero Lab go to http://www.youtube.com/user/TheChiefweasel?blend=9&ob=5
chiefweasel is offline   #7 Reply With Quote