Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Sendric

Old February 15th, 2011, 11:22 AM
No clue. I just created a second Barbarian class that replaces the original, and didn't get any errors.
Sendric is offline   #71 Reply With Quote
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old February 15th, 2011, 11:30 AM
Well, crap. Give me a step by step how you did it, so as I may compare how I did it. I just have no idea. Same thing is happening with each class I create, some first level ability is causing an error in each. Annoying.
Kendall-DM is offline   #72 Reply With Quote
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old February 15th, 2011, 11:40 AM
Nevermind, I figured it out. Yeesh, you have to jump through hoops with this. You do things out of order, things blow up. Essentially, you can't let the files reload, and you have to Replace Things Id on the Class Level tab first before the Class tab (if I do it the other way, I get the errors). Then remove it from the Class tab after saving and testing it. Thank god, I thought I was never going to get this to work again.
Kendall-DM is offline   #73 Reply With Quote
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old February 15th, 2011, 01:08 PM
Actually, I've found something out. The error does not appear UNTIL you reload the files. Then the errors appear. So, create a Barbarian fine, but then reload the files with the newly created Barbarian and see if you get these errors or not. I just can't track down where it is coming from, it's the Barbarian's illiteracy, the Bards "hBrdMusic" which I have no idea what it is. Only these two classes do this, and I don't know why. All the other classes work fine using the same method of creation, just not these. What the hell is going on with this, is this just a bug on my end? And how do I track it down? Anyone? Mathias, you come across this at any time?

I've included three screenshots. The first are the errors on Barbarians, Bards get the hBrdMusic error in addition to the table errors here. All the other classes are just getting the table errors now. All I've done is reload HL, and these cropped up. The last two just shows you that I am doing the correct thing in the Editor.

NEW INFO: The table error is being caused by my bootstrapping a custom ability to the class. Why it is happening is baffling me.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Errors.jpg (129.5 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg Errors1.jpg (117.1 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg Errors2.jpg (111.8 KB, 3 views)

Last edited by Kendall-DM; February 15th, 2011 at 02:30 PM.
Kendall-DM is offline   #74 Reply With Quote
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old February 15th, 2011, 02:40 PM
Solved the table problem, I didn't realize I had to designate things as user content under source. That fixed the problem. Still having the problem with Barbarians and Bards, screenshots included.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Error3.jpg (119.3 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg Error4.jpg (117.5 KB, 3 views)
Kendall-DM is offline   #75 Reply With Quote
Lawful_g
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old February 15th, 2011, 03:11 PM
Each of those errors means your class is looking for something in an eval script, but the thing does not exist on the hero.

Barbarian - Bootstrap the kLiterBbn skill to your class helper, that way when it is added the eval script in the class ability "cBbnIllit" will find it.

Bard - When you replaced the Class Helper for Bard you had to have changed the unique ID, the class ability "hBrdMusic" is searching for the old unique ID. Make a copy of hBrdMusic that replaces the old one. Go into the eval script on your copy and change all references to cHelpBrd to whatever the Unique ID of your new bard class helper is.

I think that should fix it.
Lawful_g is offline   #76 Reply With Quote
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old February 15th, 2011, 03:22 PM
Ok, I had seen the hBrdMusic script in the XML file in my directory, however I can't find that ability anywhere, not in the Class Specials, not in the Custom Abilities, and not in the Specials tabs. I've been trying to make a copy of it, I just can't find it.

As for the kLiterBbn skill, why does the regular Barbarian copy work then, if this needs bootstrapping? All I did is copy the Barbarian and replace the ids, it should have been working all along. For that matter, why didn't the hBrdMusic recognize my replaced Bard helper id? Kinda wierd.

BTW, I have a custom ability that I need to use on all the classes, however I don't want that ability to show up in the Specials on the hero, is there a way I can make it undisplay, but still be active for the hero?
Kendall-DM is offline   #77 Reply With Quote
Lawful_g

Old February 15th, 2011, 03:34 PM
Ah, I see the problem. In the past there was a tab in the editor called "Charges", but it was taken out. The "hBrdMusic" thing is a Charge, and since it is no longer possible to copy or edit, or create charges, you should delete it from your class helper, and then make a new special to count the number of daily uses a bard gets.
Lawful_g is offline   #78 Reply With Quote
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old February 15th, 2011, 04:20 PM
Bootstrapping the kLiterBbn did not solve the problem. Still not found.

On the other hand, got the Bard problem solved.
Kendall-DM is offline   #79 Reply With Quote
Lawful_g

Old February 15th, 2011, 04:32 PM
Try replacing cBbnIllit with a new one then, and go into the eval script, and change the script from...

Now I am looking at the eval script, I don't see where the problem is. Below is the script:

~ Available if we have only 1 class (i.e. the barbarian) - otherwise
~ the tag needs to be deleted
var result as number
if (hero.tagunique[Classes.?] - hero.tagis[Classes.Race] - hero.tagis[Classes.Template] > 1) then
result = delete[Helper.ShowSpec]
endif
if (#skillranks[kLiterBbn] >= 1) then
result = delete[Helper.ShowSpec]
endif

Normally I'd recommend changing "hero.child" to "hero.childfound" but there are none...
Lawful_g is offline   #80 Reply With Quote