Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
stuartwaring

Old June 19th, 2021, 08:36 PM
Kia ora all,

I am a big fan of RealmWorks, and despite its lack of development at the moment, it is still the best tool for organizing large campaigns. One of its limitations is that it is not, and was never intended to be used as a live tool.

However, this is currently how I use it a bit for maps, but I am looking for a better alternative.

My set up is that I have a TV mounted onto a table, connected to a PC, and we have character and monster tokens that we move around the maps displayed on the TV.

At present, I use the RealmWorks Player View, and manually update and save the map to refresh it. This however is pretty clunky, and I am looking for a tool that can automatically update the map (and what players can see) based on the position of players.

Ideally the virtual character tokens can be hidden, and I as GM can just move them to where they move their physical tokens to update the map. Obviously the requirement to upload homebrew maps is a given. I do not really need it to function for a group in different locations, as we do all meet up IRL.

Any recommendation on the best program for this. We do not need any rules or initiative tracking etc, as we use HLO for this.

Many thanks for any thoughts!
Stu
stuartwaring is offline   #1 Reply With Quote