Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Feature Requests

Notices

Silveras

Old April 30th, 2017, 07:52 PM
I am pretty sure I remember LWD saying that targeting specific snippets was something they wanted to do for a future enhancement.

That said, it would likely require a named Snippet... with dozens of generic "Text" or "Labeled Text" or other types of snippets, it would make sense that only uniquely named ones would be eligible for linking. That's my guess at this point.
Silveras is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old May 1st, 2017, 11:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruhar View Post
How do you know it's a "pretty drastic overhaul"? I don't see "Lone Wolf Staff" below your name. And how do you know that "most people would never use and would never understand" how to use internal links? Isn't that a bit presumptuous assuming that most users aren't smart enough to understand it let alone use it? Yes, there are other ways of doing it but it creates a lot of articles to clutter things not to mention the extra work creating the articles. And maybe the client doesn't want each section a separate article, as is my case, because the client feels the user would want all the information of that subject in one article instead of linking to half a dozen articles. All things have pros and cons to them but instead of assuming and shooting something down because you wouldn't do it that way why not offer a suggestion of how you would work around it and leave it at that.
Because of the way the linker behaves. It is fairly obviously just a table of names.

You still have to come up with some way of creating these links. You have explicitly rejected using names. Which means a drastic overhaul of the linker.

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
ruhar

Old May 22nd, 2017, 06:24 PM
Here's another argument for having links within an article.

You're entering the information of a new class and it includes a table that shows features gained at each level. Below the table is each feature with the description. It would be nice to link the features in the table to the feature definition without scrolling all the way down to that feature.

LW please add this ability to the To Do Wishlist, preferable somewhere near the top. Pleeeeaasse.
ruhar is offline   #13 Reply With Quote