Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

meek75

Old June 3rd, 2016, 06:36 AM
These boards have sure slowed down since Liz left. I know LWD doesn't have the time to be on here much, but I worry we are losing some of the excitement and energy. I know part of the issue is the loooonnnngggg time between meaningful updates, and when CM comes along (if not this century, surely the next) that will reinvigorate things. So, this is just a nudge to the community. What interesting RW stuff does everyone have going on at the moment?
meek75 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
ThatOneMike

Old June 3rd, 2016, 07:42 AM
Annoyed that I have to restructure my custom category definitions for each realm I have, and anxiously awaiting the update all this silence is no doubt preceding.
ThatOneMike is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
meek75

Old June 3rd, 2016, 08:40 AM
Yeah, I have multiple realms as well, and would love to be able to "copy" my customizations from one realm to another. If what we have heard about being able to duplicate realms with the CM update turns out to be true it will be a great relief.
meek75 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Viking2054

Old June 3rd, 2016, 10:43 AM
I guess it is quite quiet around here...

couldn't resist.
Viking2054 is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
AEIOU

Old June 3rd, 2016, 11:03 AM
I'm at a standstill until I can copy realms. Given enough time, I'll probably comment that I need printing. Someone else will mention calendars or player journals or import/export or storyboards or UI changes. There'll be some armchair programming discussion on how easy this or that can be implemented. And then July will be here. There's the month in review.

We're sort of in a holding pattern until the next update as all the major issues have been commented on and are searchable. And I have a feeling that most of us that have developed complex realms haven't done anything "new" lately; rather we're adding on to the structures we've already established with nothing exciting for show-and-tell.
AEIOU is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old June 3rd, 2016, 01:35 PM
I've been busy attaching a projector to the roof. So I now have 3x display outputs and starting to wish realmworks supported that many screens and a faster more efficient way to update for of war within the tool.
daplunk is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old June 3rd, 2016, 02:35 PM
I hit some sort of performance limit on my laptop. RW has slowed to a crawl on it when I open the realm I actually have active players in. So it is hard to really keep expanding the realm until I solve the issue or get a new laptop.
kbs666 is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
wurzel

Old June 3rd, 2016, 11:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbs666 View Post
I hit some sort of performance limit on my laptop. RW has slowed to a crawl on it when I open the realm I actually have active players in. So it is hard to really keep expanding the realm until I solve the issue or get a new laptop.
I use a powerful 17" gaming laptop with enough memory and a fast Core i7 CPU and RW is still not the fastest possible program. Don't expect too much, it's a non-trivial piece of software you are using.

DM: Tol'Uluk - game system independent homebrew world (so far AD&D 2, D&D3.5, Fate, Pathfinder, D&D5)
Tools: RW, CC3+, CD3, DD3, HL
RL: Retired senior IT manager. Now just housewife, grandma and fantasy author.
wurzel is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
meek75

Old June 4th, 2016, 04:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEIOU View Post
I'm at a standstill until I can copy realms. Given enough time, I'll probably comment that I need printing. Someone else will mention calendars or player journals or import/export or storyboards or UI changes. There'll be some armchair programming discussion on how easy this or that can be implemented. And then July will be here. There's the month in review.

We're sort of in a holding pattern until the next update as all the major issues have been commented on and are searchable. And I have a feeling that most of us that have developed complex realms haven't done anything "new" lately; rather we're adding on to the structures we've already established with nothing exciting for show-and-tell.
I agree and am hate that RW is loosing the steam it once had. The energy and excitement of a software's users does wonders for its continued growth. When the boards get quiet its an indicator, I fear, of the overall health of the product. We'll see -- hope the CM comes out soon* and I am proven very wrong.

*By soon I mean if the next month.
meek75 is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Gord

Old June 4th, 2016, 09:13 AM
I think it is mostly a combination of spring and the lack of a new update combined with the 5e SRD coming on line. I could be wrong but didn't we slow down last spring as well?

I know I haven't had much time to do a lot with the intrusions of real life the last couple of months.
Gord is offline   #10 Reply With Quote