Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion

Notices

Magnatude

Old February 10th, 2017, 08:48 AM
Hey guys...
I found an old thread from ol' Boomer who was creating a Castles & Crusades set for HL...

http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?p=168677

so I followed his instructions and loaded up his xml to bring up the C&C download options...

Well it didn't work.
when I restarted HL, I got to the select ruleset popup screen and HL popped up the shutdown... Herolab.exe has stopped working...

So how do I de-bork my HL?
Please?
Help?
Magnatude is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old February 10th, 2017, 09:10 AM
If the HL binary is crashing you will need to open a support ticket (support@wolflair.com). Very little anyone can do about the binary program on the forums.

Sense your dying at the select game system I am not sure that the stuff you installed has any connection to the issue. HL does not start accessing game files until after you select the game system. Or as far as I know they don't.

I guess you could go to your programData\HeroLab\data\castle and crusades folder and manually delete out the files that where added. Or if you have nothing else in that file you care about. Delete the whole folder. Then go to the programData\HeroLab\download folder to find your Castle and Crusades .hl file. Double click on it to start a fresh install.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
EightBitz

Old February 10th, 2017, 10:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
If the HL binary is crashing you will need to open a support ticket (support@wolflair.com). Very little anyone can do about the binary program on the forums.

Sense your dying at the select game system I am not sure that the stuff you installed has any connection to the issue. HL does not start accessing game files until after you select the game system. Or as far as I know they don't.

I guess you could go to your programData\HeroLab\data\castle and crusades folder and manually delete out the files that where added. Or if you have nothing else in that file you care about. Delete the whole folder. Then go to the programData\HeroLab\download folder to find your Castle and Crusades .hl file. Double click on it to start a fresh install.
It has to. At the very least, it has to access the definition.def file for the name and the logo.bmp.

I don't know if either of these could make the system crash, but it's an easy enough thing to check.
EightBitz is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Magnatude

Old February 10th, 2017, 10:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post

Yeah I did a fresh re-install of HL and I'm all good.
I'm contacting Boomer (I know him from Steam and Fantasy Grounds) and finding out if there is anything missing in his XML snippet before I try that again.
Magnatude is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old February 10th, 2017, 11:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EightBitz View Post
It has to. At the very least, it has to access the definition.def file for the name and the logo.bmp.

I don't know if either of these could make the system crash, but it's an easy enough thing to check.
True it would need to access those two files. Good point!

Usually the .hl installer won't let "base" files of LW be touched or changed....

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Magnatude

Old February 10th, 2017, 09:25 PM
I figured out what happened...
What I did was copy but it pulled: <document signature="Lone Wolf Updates" version="1"><update name="Castles & Crusades(1.0)" date="2015/09/07:2106" size="867" description="Added Helm tab in editor." uniqueid="0" filetype="3" download="http://www.ai6k.com/herolab/candc/CandC.hl" website="http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?p=164472" companyurl="http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?p=164472" priority="99" major="1" minor="1" patch="" folder="candc" special="" dynamic=""/></document>

and it pasted that instead of... http://www.ai6k.com/herolab/cand/candcupdates.xml

Didn't realize it until I "looked" at what it was pasting... touch screen is so... touchy... user error
Magnatude is offline   #6 Reply With Quote