Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Authoring Kit

Notices

Chokra Broodslayer

Old August 10th, 2013, 11:11 PM
I'm interested in this. Unfortunately, my entire collection of 100+ West End Games Star Wars RPG books went up with the May 2011 EF-5 tornado. I replaced about 20 of them at Gen Con 2011.

I'd also like to see the Star Wars Saga Edition put into Hero Lab -- though is that one already out there?
Chokra Broodslayer is offline   #61 Reply With Quote
jbearwillis

Old August 11th, 2013, 12:11 AM
Sorry to hear, I have family who live down in Joplin that went through that damn storm also.
jbearwillis is offline   #62 Reply With Quote
thedarkelf007

Send a message via MSN to thedarkelf007 Send a message via Yahoo to thedarkelf007

Old August 12th, 2013, 05:57 PM
Yes there is a Saga project out there, hopefully a Fantasy Flight Games one, and a d20 one as well for all the different versions would be nice.

I've been a little caught up with Realm Works beta testing, but I will get back to this soon I hope.

Working on - SW RPG d6 or add this source Update Souce and SW RPG FFG and More FFG SW not working yet
Author of Realms Works Guides
Blog writer at thedarkelf007.home.blog/
thedarkelf007 is offline   #63 Reply With Quote
ob1knorrb

Old October 6th, 2013, 01:35 PM
How is this project coming along, I'm interested in trying it, is it complete enough to be usable?
ob1knorrb is offline   #64 Reply With Quote
ob1knorrb

Old January 17th, 2014, 03:38 PM
Well, I've downloaded and installed this and have started to play with it. Also printed off a couple binders worth of documentation on the Authoring Kit and the Savage Worlds walk through so I can understand what I'm seeing when I look at the source files.

If I can wrap my head around how this all works, I might take a shot at doing some modifications and updates myself.

Currently trying to figure out how the tracking and modifications of the Creation points is being done, the number seems to get adjusted as you pick your template and race, for example, it starts as 0 of 18, I pick "Arrogent Noble" as my template, stays at 18, then I pick "Ithorian" as my race and it jumps to 0 of 30. It looks like it adjusts it to give me enough points to raise my Attributes to the level listed in the Template, although this was a bad combination to pick as an Ithorian's max racial stats for Dex and Mech are below what the Template has listed for those stats.
ob1knorrb is offline   #65 Reply With Quote
thedarkelf007

Send a message via MSN to thedarkelf007 Send a message via Yahoo to thedarkelf007

Old January 17th, 2014, 09:24 PM
Most of character creation works.

I even have an option rules like edge in shadowrun as I think its quite punishing to make players spend XP to the detriment of advancement. This was also shadowrun original approach before they moved on to edge. Though I called it luck.

Now as to the points.

There are a few bugs in the point system, as I was in the middle of cleaning it up when I got caught up in Realms Works.

The intention:
- Each dice is split up into 3 points
- Each character has 18 points to add to the character
- Each race has an attribute dice value which is multiplied by 3 (i.e. humans have 12 dice so get an extra 36 points) (not implemented - using templates)
- Each race has minimum attribute

So once you select a template, then a race you get your minimum racial stats set based on the race, plus it shows you what is recommended for the template.

Custom template was never completed.

Now as to the reason behind the point difference. If the min attribute is less than the racial dice for that race, you gain extra points to use with the base 18 points for the character.

Send me your email in a PM and I can fill you in on the rest of them.

I didn't get equipment working correctly, and I was in the middle of getting advancement to work right before I had to put it aside.

Working on - SW RPG d6 or add this source Update Souce and SW RPG FFG and More FFG SW not working yet
thedarkelf007 is offline   #66 Reply With Quote
ob1knorrb

Old January 18th, 2014, 02:13 PM
Interesting, because of their low Knowledge, Mechanical and Technical maximums, or species restrictions on some templates, Gamorrean's can't actually use any of the templates in the basic book. Even ignoring the "Human" race restrictions on some of the templates like "Bounty Hunter" doesn't really help.
Problem with the game, not Hero Lab
ob1knorrb is offline   #67 Reply With Quote
thedarkelf007

Old January 18th, 2014, 04:33 PM
Not exactly true, the templates are a guideline, not a rule, which is why their is a template column and an actual column.

So you can take the template as a guideline, keep all the fluff, equipment and suggested skills and build a character normally.

It is suggested by the book to move around attribute points from a selected template so I incorporated that ideal from the start. (mainly as at the time I could not think of a way to allow changes after the fact)

Some templates throw warnings, but any race can be linked to any template and build

The warnings are there for GM's to be happy with the combination picked by the players.

Also of note, advancement must allow the exceeding of the racial maximum as well, as this is also part of the rules.

thedarkelf007 is offline   #68 Reply With Quote
ob1knorrb

Old January 27th, 2014, 08:23 AM
I've done some playing around with the Character creation, templates and races. Starting to get the hang of how things are working.
I'm going to attempt some work on Advancement next. First up will be getting the Base Skills to come up with the right number of Character Points needed to advance one pip, and the tracking to go with that.
ob1knorrb is offline   #69 Reply With Quote
thedarkelf007

Old January 27th, 2014, 02:03 PM
Also remember specialization.

If you change how it allocated points, then specializations won't work anymore.

Specializations take less points than upgrading normal skills, and all points were worked out with the lowest common denominator.

thedarkelf007 is offline   #70 Reply With Quote