Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Guki

Old March 1st, 2013, 04:37 PM
Yo yo, another Howler. Looking forward to the Beta

Guki
Guki is offline   #71 Reply With Quote
Thrantor

Old March 1st, 2013, 05:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpine View Post
I didn't squee exactly, but I did annoy my wife who was trying to sleep while I was printing and scanning those documents (my printer / scanner is unfortunately rather loud).
Hehehe... I can just picture you sneakily trying to print off and scan 6 pages while quietly cursing the loud printer and scanner....

*Vzzzzzckt* *Vzzzzckt* SHUT UP!!! *vzzzzckt*
Thrantor is offline   #72 Reply With Quote
Serpine

Old March 1st, 2013, 05:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrantor View Post
I can just picture you sneakily trying to print off and scan 6 pages while quietly cursing the loud printer and scanner....
6 pages nothing... At first the auto stack feed option ended up yanking multiple pages through at a time (they were probably still a little to fresh from printing). Then on the next try it saved the scans to somewhere I have yet to identify. The next try saved right but I realised my per inch setting was sufficient to generate files about 3 meg a page. Then I adjusted it down and it was to low a resolution to actually read. Finally after all that the last pass produced a reasonably sized / reasonably accurate scan.

It was a squeeling scanner fiasco.
Serpine is offline   #73 Reply With Quote
mirtos

Old March 1st, 2013, 07:50 PM
I suppose thats the nice thing about being at work. Decent scanner.
mirtos is offline   #74 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 1st, 2013, 09:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzurah View Post
So, um, can I have it now please?
We appreciate the excitement, but we're still collecting paperwork from everyone. We won't be actually adding anyone to the Beta team until mid-March. We have a new Beta release planned at that time, and we'll be bringing you all on board when we make that release (probably a day or two afterwards). My best guess for timing is approximately two weeks from now.

Thanks for your patience! We just want to bring everyone on at the same time so we can work to get everyone up to speed at the same time - and from the same starting point. That makes it easier for us, which means more time to actually spend on writing code to add cool features before release (read: everybody wins).

Thanks!
rob is offline   #75 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old March 2nd, 2013, 02:31 AM
Howler Farling checking in,

I've had my eye on RealmWorks for a while now, and I'm glad its being released shortly before I'm due to start running a campaign for my local group
Farling is offline   #76 Reply With Quote
mbaum

Old March 2nd, 2013, 09:09 AM
Thanks for the heads up Rob, I can stop refreshing my inbox now.
mbaum is offline   #77 Reply With Quote
hicksms

Old March 2nd, 2013, 11:50 AM
Only about 2 weeks until I get my hands on the beta? Yeah, it is like waiting for Christmas in March. Sooooo excited here.

Thanks for the info Rob.
hicksms is offline   #78 Reply With Quote
Rabulias

Old March 2nd, 2013, 01:58 PM
Darn, I was really hoping to get started entering campaign info next week....

Thanks for the word, Rob; I can understand how you would want to manage things in such a large expansion of the beta team.

Any chance we howlers could get our beta forum access now? It would give us something to read through for the next couple weeks, and then we'd be all up to speed when the new beta comes out...

Also, how is the preliminary count looking for the Maguffin?
Rabulias is offline   #79 Reply With Quote
Ladyofdragons

Old March 2nd, 2013, 02:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabulias View Post
Any chance we howlers could get our beta forum access now? It would give us something to read through for the next couple weeks, and then we'd be all up to speed when the new beta comes out...
oooOOooo. I like that idea. I believe you said there were some videos that have been made for the beta team, I'd love to peruse while I sit here and fidget.

-------------------------------------
"...You're going to backstab him with a ballista?"
Ladyofdragons is offline   #80 Reply With Quote