Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

rdevelyn

Old October 8th, 2009, 08:50 AM
Excuse me starting a new thread - though I thought it might be a handy repository for those of use creating new monsters and the like.

I notice that a fair amount of race abilities happen in the Bootstrap part of the editor, and I was wondering where the various bootstraps and tags might be defined.

I've seen documentation describing attacks, which is great, however I couldn't find anything for Damage Reduction, for example (I guessed it was called xDamRd with Value tag for the amount but I've no idea where to specify the type).

Where should I be looking?

Cheers

Richard
rdevelyn is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 8th, 2009, 11:33 AM
You'll find all those abilities that things are bootstrapping either under the Race Specials tab or the Abilities tab. So, go to those tabs, press "New (Copy)" and you'll get a list of everything that exists in that category. Find the various DRs, and write doen the unique ID of the thing you want (or select it, take a thourough look at how it functions, then delete it).

The other option is to come at it from the other direction - think through what's already in the files, and think of an example that does what you want to accomplish. Let's say you want DR X/- - the barbarian has DR/-. so either look up the "Damage Reduction" class special or the "Increased Damage Reduction" rage power (which is a custom class special). Let's say you want DR/Evil - the paladin gets that, in the 17th level ability "Aura of Righteousness", so look up Aura of Righteousness in the class specials and see how it implements DR 5/evil.
Mathias is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
evilash

Old October 19th, 2009, 05:30 AM
On a related note, when I add a natural attack to a new monster race and try to bootstrap the damage I get the error message "Undefined tag '1d6_3' referenced in bootstrap" (the damage for the attack was 1d6+3). Do I have to add this tag myself, and how do I do this in that case?
evilash is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 19th, 2009, 06:35 AM
Look through the "reference information" page of the editor. At the very bottom of the page is the section on natural weapons. The tags listed there are the ones you must use, as written.

1d6_5 means 1d6 damage. The _5 tells it that it is the 5th position in the damage list (1d4_4 is before it, 1d8_6 after it), so the program can calculate the different damage for different size weapons. 1d6_5 does not mean 1d6+5 damage.

Add your race in. Check what the damage bonus is. I'm guessing the race has a default STR bonus of +3 (or that the default STR bonus is +2, and it's the only weapon the race has - in which case the Helper.NatTwoHand will also be needed.) If that's not the case, ask again, and I'll tell you how to adjust the damage bonus of the weapon.

Last edited by Mathias; October 19th, 2009 at 12:42 PM. Reason: Clarified how damage tags work for damage progressions.
Mathias is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Thetis_39

Old October 23rd, 2009, 08:09 AM
I have a question?

I am trying to enter a racial ability for spell resistance so i can enter drow classes in pathfinder. I looked at the tutorials and the SRD Drow to figure out but I cannot seem to get it to work/.

I created a Racial Special called Spell resistance with an eval script the same as the xsplres and bootstrpped it to my Drow race then I added the eval script of

var damage as number
damage = herofield[tHitDice].value + 11
damage = minimum(damage, 25)
#applysr[damage]
to my Drow Race.
The racial ability shows up in the abilities tab but the value of the SR does not show up and For the life of me I cannot figure out what I am doing wrong any help would be appreciated?
Thetis_39 is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 23rd, 2009, 08:48 AM
You said your eval script is running at the same time as spell resistance's script? How do you know it's running first, then, so that once xSplRes runs, a value has been set for it to use? (it might vary from character to character which ran first, or there might be some internal logic that would always put one before the other)

Or did you mean that you've put it at the same time as whatever spell-resistance script you copied?

Does your special bootstrap xSplRes?

Last edited by Mathias; October 23rd, 2009 at 09:13 AM. Reason: had somewhat mis-understood the question
Mathias is offline   #6 Reply With Quote