Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Data Files > Warhammer 40,000
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Raven Claw

Old May 19th, 2010, 07:07 PM
I have been in a gamer group for a while now and many were using army builder and i have seen their lists. it looked like a really awesome program so I recently got it myself.

A few people have shown me the Tau army they have made on AB which featured commander Farsight as their HQ leader. When I went to make a Tau army on AB myself, i was unable to find him anywhere on either 4th or 5th edition. I checked all the tabs and even didthe search and came up with nothing.

Is he somewhere else or do i have to down load something for him? I noticed that shadowsun that replaced him was there at the top of the list so why not the other guy?
Thanx
Raven Claw is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
fyrebyrd
Volunteer Data File Author

Old May 20th, 2010, 07:04 AM
Everything is there. You just need to select the Farsight Enclave Option in the roster settings
(When Commander Farsight is in an army he changes how the army ruleset works, hence the need for serperation)

Heres how:
Once you have AB open and Tau chosen. Goto the Roster Options via the little clip board button.

Then change from the Tau Emclave to the Farsight Enclave.

This will then show Farsight in the HQ options. Hope this helps.

ALSO NOTE: When using the Farsight Enclave ruleset, Commander Farsight is required to be used(As he is the reason for the ruleset). If you don't add him to the army, a validation error will show.

If you ever have any other questions or bugs you are welcomed to go over to our site. Usually we can respond faster there. www.ab40k.org
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Roster Settings.JPG (26.7 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg clipboard.JPG (29.9 KB, 22 views)

Fyrebyrd
AB40k Beta Tester

The only "hobby" GW is interested in is lining their pockets with your money.

Last edited by fyrebyrd; May 20th, 2010 at 07:06 AM. Reason: Forgot to pimp our site...
fyrebyrd is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Raven Claw

Old May 21st, 2010, 06:27 PM
That worked perfect. Thank you for the fast reply. I was wondering too, since the Kroot sometimes work as mercenaries, is there a way to have both Farsight and kroot troops in the same army ? It would be really nice if you could.
Thanx again
Raven Claw is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
fyrebyrd
Volunteer Data File Author

Old May 22nd, 2010, 11:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven Claw View Post
I was wondering too, since the Kroot sometimes work as mercenaries, is there a way to have both Farsight and kroot troops in the same army ? It would be really nice if you could.
It would be nice, but the special rules for Farsight explicitly forbid certain Tau units from being in the same force as him.(see page 45 under the breakaway faction rule). Furthermore, Tau is listed as one of the armies that cannot use the kroot mercenaries army list anyways(rules/restrictions for this are in the Chapter Approved 2004 edition on page 33). Sorry

Fyrebyrd
AB40k Beta Tester

The only "hobby" GW is interested in is lining their pockets with your money.
fyrebyrd is offline   #4 Reply With Quote