Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

kunger00

Old October 26th, 2009, 05:40 PM
I was hoping to make a construct npc race and so opened two copies of HL (one PF and one d20) and opened both editors to manually "copy" a construct from the d20 data files into my PF data file to form the basis of a new race in my home campaign.

Only I didn't find any construct races in the d20 files... I thought for sure I could copy a golem or something.

Which got me to wondering... can constructs even be made using the race tab? Can they even be made in HL at all since they don't have constitution values?

So, since I couldn't find a golem or other constructs in the Races of d20 data files, I thought maybe I should ask here before moving on.

Thanks!

Keith
kunger00 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 26th, 2009, 07:05 PM
Look at one of the undead templates - they usually don't have constitutions, either - that'll show you how to add a Helper.NoScore tag to the constitution score.

script timing: pretty early - First/10000 will work.

Code:
perform hero.child[aCON].assign[Helper.NoScore]
Mathias is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
kunger00

Old October 27th, 2009, 05:35 AM
Thanks! I'll give it a shot (scripting still baffles me! but so long as I can copy/paste I do ok. )

Keith
kunger00 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
kunger00

Old October 27th, 2009, 12:44 PM
Interestingly... there are no entries on the Race tab for any undead in my d20 datafile. Is that something you only get if you purchase those files? (I only own M&M and PFRPG)

Fortunately, there was a single entry for a Soul Doll that I was able to use as an idea (plus your entry above with the script info).

I do have a question though... constructs have d10 for Hit Die type. How do you get it to do d10 instead of d8 in the race tab?

Also, if an book entry has HD for a monster as 3d10+20, is there any way to automate the +20 portion or do you just have to manually do it?

Thanks for all the awesome work you've done so far!

Keith
kunger00 is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 27th, 2009, 01:52 PM
My apologies - the templates haven't been added to the editor yet (they're in the next update). All the standard undead types are templates, which modify an existing character. In the settings, choose "SRD Templates" to see the SRD versions.

In d20, look in the Templates section of the editor.

It looks like hit die size was accidently left out of the editor. I'll get that fixed.

What's the race's CON bonus? Are there feats or something else altering the HP? Those will all be handled automatically, but since 20 HP isn't an even multiple of 3 HD, I'm guessing your race has something special, in which case you'll need to script that.
Mathias is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
noseman

Old October 28th, 2009, 03:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
What's the race's CON bonus? Are there feats or something else altering the HP? Those will all be handled automatically, but since 20 HP isn't an even multiple of 3 HD, I'm guessing your race has something special, in which case you'll need to script that.
Mathias,

Based on size of the construct, they get bonus HPs. Per the SRD:

Fine, Diminutive, Tiny - 0 bonus XP
Small - 10 bonus XP
Medium - 20 bonus XP
Large - 30 bonus XP
Huge - 40 bonus XP
Garganutan - 60 bonus XP
Colossal - 80 bonus XP

Mark
noseman is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 28th, 2009, 07:47 AM
Sometime in the next two weeks, I'll be adding the rest of the generic specials from the Bestiary's appendix (starts on pg 297). It'll be easy enough to add a special that people can add to constructs that will auto-calculate that HP bonus.

In the meantime, go to the adjustments tab, and copy the HP adjustment. Look at its script, and you'll see how to adjust the HP. Only the left-hand side of the equation is useful for now - the right hand side is retrieving the value the user has set for the adjustment.

You also might as well use the same timing as the adjustment, First/100.

So,
Code:
herofield[tHP].value += 20
Will add 20 HP.
Mathias is offline   #7 Reply With Quote