Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Feature Requests

Notices

Merion

Old March 6th, 2019, 11:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MNBlockHead View Post
Rather than request icons, I would like the ability to import your own custom icons. Not that I necessarily want to spend the time making my own, but it would be great if I could be a icon packs on in the Content Market and if icons could be customized for a specific campaign, so content creators can offer thematically appropriate icons with their settings and adventure content.
Indeed, would be easier for LWD in the long run too, as they don't need to curate item packs.
Merion is offline   #21 Reply With Quote
Silveras

Old March 7th, 2019, 05:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MNBlockHead View Post
Rather than request icons, I would like the ability to import your own custom icons. Not that I necessarily want to spend the time making my own, but it would be great if I could be a icon packs on in the Content Market and if icons could be customized for a specific campaign, so content creators can offer thematically appropriate icons with their settings and adventure content.
Here's why I think they can't do that now, and why it may never really be possible.

This is because, as it stands now, in the database the category definition just needs to store the index to the icon in the fixed list (such as "1"). This works because every user has the SAME set of icons, in the same order. If users can have different icon sets, this simple index no longer works.

IF (and I do not actually know whether the storage as so direct and simple) this is how the category definitions reference the icons now, it would be a fairly significant re-write to make RW allow for each user to have different icons.
Silveras is offline   #22 Reply With Quote
Merion

Old March 7th, 2019, 06:40 AM
Well, that doesn't sound too complicated to the layman, actually. They need to change the index to a link to the symbol and add a mechanism to add news symbols. Or keep the index for the existing and let the user expand the index with his own symbols.
Merion is offline   #23 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old March 7th, 2019, 09:06 AM
Presuming that the index is simply an id for the entry in the correct table, I can't imagine why it wouldn't be, then you could keep the built in ones as is and simply add your own at the bottom of the table.

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #24 Reply With Quote
Acenoid

Old March 9th, 2019, 03:46 AM
Just let us import our own stuff....

Join the (unofficial) Realm-Works IRC Chat: #realm-works on the Rizon Network (https://wiki.rizon.net/index.php?title=Servers)
-> Browser Client: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net
Acenoid is offline   #25 Reply With Quote
Silveras

Old May 7th, 2019, 02:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbs666 View Post
Presuming that the index is simply an id for the entry in the correct table, I can't imagine why it wouldn't be, then you could keep the built in ones as is and simply add your own at the bottom of the table.
A late response, but I wanted to clarify where part of my point was lost.

The suggestion above would work if the Icons are stored individually in each Realm. If they are not... and they do not have to be because right now there is only one set used in all Realms... then users having different sets of icons in different orders would prevent the GM from being able to share the Realm with the Players through the server. In the same way that uncommon Fonts cannot be guaranteed to be on the Players' machines, the icons could not be guaranteed to be there either (or with the same index even if they are present).
Silveras is offline   #26 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old May 7th, 2019, 07:42 PM
Because these icons are used in a limited number of places changing the way they're stored shouldn't be impossible or extraordinary amount of work. Certainly it could mess up if exported if the export doesn't simply include the additional icons as part of the structure, which I'm well aware wouldn't be possible for secured content.

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #27 Reply With Quote
Cammagno

Old May 8th, 2019, 02:12 PM
I will keep things simple, and just add about 50 icons to the small set we have now. Very easy and quick to do for them, and a great improvement for me.
Cammagno is offline   #28 Reply With Quote
Acenoid

Old May 12th, 2019, 02:14 PM
Maybe we could define 2 icons one that may be custom / local and a 2nd that symbolizes the default icon. COuld be an additional download, like an icon pack or so....

Join the (unofficial) Realm-Works IRC Chat: #realm-works on the Rizon Network (https://wiki.rizon.net/index.php?title=Servers)
-> Browser Client: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net
Acenoid is offline   #29 Reply With Quote
Silveras

Old May 12th, 2019, 04:45 PM
The other issue we have not even touched on is how an expandable library of icons would be managed.

There would need to be a way to Add, a way to Remove, maybe a way to Hide (per Realm?), a way to "Re-Order/Sort" the display... and probably some means of grouping them -- a library of folders.
Silveras is offline   #30 Reply With Quote