Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > Hero Lab Online Discussion

Notices

Prethen

Old February 21st, 2020, 10:22 AM
Chronicle sheets from PFS2 can build up fast with a whole array of boons that need to be looked through and potentially slotted. I see that for faction boons there's the ability to add those to the character. However, it would be great if General (from chronicle sheets) boons can be added (they're not slotless or Advanced or from a faction). I understand due to their fairly custom nature (since they come from scenarios) that HeroLab probably wouldn't chase after getting all of these listed but rather just let the players type in the information.
Prethen is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Sjmarshall

Old February 21st, 2020, 10:41 AM
You should be able to do it with the custom boon option, that's how I've been doing it anyway. Are you familiar with that feature? You can select the boon type when you create one.
Sjmarshall is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Prethen

Old February 21st, 2020, 10:47 AM
I was referring to the custom boon option in my query. It doesn't really apply to "general" boons but is aligned to faction type boons.
Prethen is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 21st, 2020, 12:22 PM
Could you please explain what you would expect to be changed from the existing custom boon in order to better support the scenario boons? I've attached a screenshot from one of my own PFS characters, showing the custom boons I've added from the scenarios I've played or earned GM credit for alongside the boons I've added with fame.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Character with custom boons.jpg (258.1 KB, 19 views)
Mathias is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
numbat1

Old February 21st, 2020, 12:54 PM
@Prethen - it is relatively easy to think these are only for faction boons but don't let that stop you. Like Mathias, I am happily inputting my scenario boons and really like having this feature available.
numbat1 is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Prethen

Old February 21st, 2020, 01:26 PM
I think I understand now. I was getting caught up in the dropdowns for the custom boon which didn't make any sense, so I guess just leave 'em as Unspecified and I should be good (if they're General). It would be nice to see the slotted boons on the Play page (or am I missing something there?).
Prethen is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 21st, 2020, 01:54 PM
I just checked, and all of my custom boons that are slotted are showing up in the Special Abilities table on the Play tab (and showing the Notes text I've entered as their text).
Mathias is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Prethen

Old February 21st, 2020, 02:57 PM
@Mathias...thanks...yes...I see where they'll show up. For some reason I was looking for a Boons section..doh!
Prethen is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
c0sm0s

Old December 7th, 2020, 06:00 PM
Where can I add boons?
c0sm0s is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Hollis
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 10th, 2020, 06:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by c0sm0s View Post
Where can I add boons?
Can you check a couple of things for me?
Is the character set as a Pathfinder Society character on the settings tab?

Have you chosen a faction?

After choosing a faction, you should see a boons table to the right of the factions table on the profile tab.
Hollis is offline   #10 Reply With Quote