Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > Hero Lab Online Discussion

Notices

Mysteran

Old July 8th, 2020, 03:49 PM
Loving the new dice roll history and shared dice roll things. It's something we've been hoping would make its way into Campaign Theater for a while!

Currently I have three suggestions I'd love to see added for this feature:
  1. A GM Visible Only option; for things like secret rolls in Pathfinder 2E where a player isn't supposed to know the result but a GM can still ask the player to make the roll to save time on their end.
  2. Spell damage dice rolls; attack and damage rolls are combined for weapons but spells only have the attack roll option. I get spells are a lot more complicated, but even just having an extra field there where you can customize the damage dice as you go would be helpful
  3. Custom dice roller in general. Just something where you can stick whatever dice in and share the roll.

Appreciate all the hard work the Lone Wolf team is doing and looking forward to the further enhancements to HLO!
Mysteran is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
BJ
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 9th, 2020, 02:14 PM
Thank you for your feedback! I've passed it along to our devs.
BJ is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
charlieluce

Old July 9th, 2020, 02:57 PM
Is there a way to turn this off besides selecting "Not Recorded" on every character in every scene?

Currently Running: Pathfinder Second Edition
Currently Playing:
Pathfinder First Edition, Star Trek Adventures
Former HL Games: D&D 4e & 5e, Mutants & Masterminds 2E & 3E, Savage Worlds
charlieluce is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
SirPwyll

Old July 11th, 2020, 10:20 AM
Mysteran, for number 3 in your list, you can create a custom roll from any die roller by changing the die type, number and mods. This could probably done a little cleaner, but it does work. I use it for spell damage as well, using the die roller associated with the spell.
SirPwyll is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 13th, 2020, 01:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieluce View Post
Is there a way to turn this off besides selecting "Not Recorded" on every character in every scene?
There is currently no way to "turn this off". However, I'm guessing that there's more context to why you want to turn it off and how you'd prefer everything actually work. So could you please elaborate on what you'd like to see? That would greatly help us in figuring out what we need to revise with the mechanism.
rob is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Jamz

Old July 13th, 2020, 01:56 PM
I should note, there are some things like the rangers precision damage adds 1d8 but only on the first hit. I couldn't find a way to turn that off on, say, the second or third attack after hitting once with it. IIRC setting the "die" to 0 change it to a +1 which was strange?

-Jamz

RPTools.net | MapTool Discord Invite

Download Latest MapTool Release | Download Latest TokenTool Release
Jamz is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
charlieluce

Old July 13th, 2020, 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
There is currently no way to "turn this off". However, I'm guessing that there's more context to why you want to turn it off and how you'd prefer everything actually work. So could you please elaborate on what you'd like to see? That would greatly help us in figuring out what we need to revise with the mechanism.

I've sent this off to Ryan and the devs, but the upshot is that my players largely prefer physical dice and given that we've gamed together for years I'm good with that, even with the games moving online. On the other hand as DM I love HLO's dice roller, but I really don't need a roll history and I don't want to accidentally expose the frequent secret checks I make for PCs in PF2 to the group, so having an option to turn off shared rolls for my campaigns would make things simpler for me (and hopefully a bit easier on the servers).

Currently Running: Pathfinder Second Edition
Currently Playing:
Pathfinder First Edition, Star Trek Adventures
Former HL Games: D&D 4e & 5e, Mutants & Masterminds 2E & 3E, Savage Worlds
charlieluce is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 14th, 2020, 12:36 PM
@charlieluce: Thanks for the details. The current behavior is that dice rolls for PCs are visible to everyone by default. All NPCs are private to the GM by default. Unless you explicitly toggle that state, no rolls for NPCs will appear to the players.

We'll shortly be introducing the ability for GMs to make secret rolls for the PCs, as well. The behavior there will be that those rolls are always private to the GM by default.

So I believe you should be safe with the behavior we're putting into place. That said, a "master switch" to toggle the dice roller on/off would be optimal in your situation and is definitely something I'll add to the Book of Infinite Tasks.
rob is offline   #8 Reply With Quote